Rapha Let Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I spent double that on a 2 week holiday, the clothing would have lasted longer (well not perhaps than the weight gained on said holiday) :whistle:

My preferred brands are now altura, gore, pearl Izumi, sugoi and sportful, all of which have pieces that fit me. I don't think I have yet spent more than £100 on one item however

I meant 'I don't think I've spent a grand on cycling kit' in that time - obviously I've bought other stuff that cost over a grand from time to time... ;)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Your bike is? just curious.

Giant SL Advanced.... There is a thread about warranty issues with it.

amaferanga

Veteran
Some people have a natural aversion to Aldi and Lidl.

The only Aldi clothing I have are baselayers that are superb. I own one Rapha jersey (Christmas present) that is very average.

Most of my cycle clothing is top quality stuff by Santini, Castelli and Craft that can be bought for peanuts compared to Rapha stuff. My only real extravagance is a Castelli Gabba jersey, but even that was cheap compared to Rapha.

You can buy equivalent or better quality stuff for less than half of Rapha prices, so why pay so much for dull looking Rapha gear? I don't get it.

Does any one else have a problem with the new Rapha 'named' long sleeve jersey? Rapha advertised this back in September not saying that it would not be delivered until December in the online shop. Not only this, I received an email to say it was going to be even later than originally planned. You could not cancel the order or do anything about it. Contacting customer service had a response of 15% off. On replying to complain that I had to spend to feel happier with the service, nothing apart from a response saying that the customer services person had to speak to a manager. This was 9th Dec. I have spent well over £1500 with Rapha over the last 12 months and have believed to this point that they really care about the customer. Has anyone else had a bad experience like this?? Is it time to drop Rapha and buy other quality goods?

As previously stated, the item description stated that it was not going to be available until the first week of December so you didn't read the description properly; but if that is the case, I have no idea why you waited between then and now to email them if delivery had not been made.

The fact that you have spent £1500 with them has nothing to do with the situation, you're not going to get preferential treatment; my view of Rapha is that they do seem to appear to care about their customers and their products, but as with all businesses things sometimes go wrong - you seem very quick to want to drop them on one bad experience, maybe you are more caught up in the brand than the quality of the product as I'm fairly sure if I had found kit which I thought was genuinely better than all others that I'd stick with it despite one slight issue with customer service.

As for spending that amount of money, fire on...if you have the money, feel free to spend it however you wish.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
There's a huge area of 'middle ground' in between Aldi/Lidl and Rapha - that's where the sensible money usually goes. A grand in five months on cycling clothes - I don't think I've spent a grand in 20 years....
ive spent a lot more than that, but this thread is about rapha clothing.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Giant SL Advanced.... There is a thread about warranty issues with it.

Just for clarity :biggrin:.. The original poster has a Giant... Jowwy owns high quality Tin with outstanding wheels

Serves me right for checking the forums while Im half awake :cycle:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
so why pay so much for dull looking Rapha gear? I don't get it.
Personally i don't think the gear looks dull - most if not all of my rapha gear is team sky, as i'm a team sky fan boy, but i'm not a full team kit w***er as i only wear their jersey and not the jersey, bibs, baselayer, socks, helmet, gloves etc like some people

but i do have a few of the team sky jerseys, softshell, race cape etc - but its never worn all at the same time.

As for spending 1k on clothing in the past 4/5months i suppose its all relative really - most people spend more than that on alcohol and cigarettes, but you don't see people moaning and complaining about that as much as people complain about the cost of clothing, bikes and equipment.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
To be honest, I'm not a Rapha man.
My kit of choice is Shutt VR, not cheap but not as expensive as Rapha either.

Top Bottom