Rate my Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CyclingSAM

Rate my bike :?:

1y8uq0.jpg

xkr7k5.jpg

21ordjp.jpg

xp80lh.jpg

efqrs4.jpg

bjir6r.jpg

2m0nk3.jpg

2zi5x1d.jpg

fd61p1.jpg

33fgdau.jpg

bonj2

nice bike sam, i'd personally take the spoke protector off (they're just naff), and put a finishing cap on the front brake cable. Oh and i'd also put clipless pedals on but that's up to you.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS clean the camera/phone cam lense.....that's grease on there.

It's more than fine for a youngster, nice colour. The twist grips are a bit odd on a road bike, but fine if you are OK with them - I still have my downtube 'old skool' shifters as they won't break, and shift very fast.......

Drop the guard as bonj says, then make sure your rear gears can't possibly move into the spokes.

bonj2

fossyant said:
PS clean the camera/phone cam lense.....that's grease on there.

It's more than fine for a youngster, nice colour. The twist grips are a bit odd on a road bike, but fine if you are OK with them - I still have my downtube 'old skool' shifters as they won't break, and shift very fast.......

Drop the guard as bonj says, then make sure your rear gears can't possibly move into the spokes.

oh christ i didn't notice them! :evil: how do you change gear on the drops? (or hoods even for that matter) - well, you don't obviously.

Tharg2007

Veteran
bonj said:
oh christ i didn't notice them! ;) how do you change gear on the drops? (or hoods even for that matter) - well, you don't obviously.

i doubt it would be easier if the shifters were on the down tube :becool:

My first road bike had steel rims, carbon steel frame, five speeds and a cottered crank, you're doing alright.

Replace those nasty steel rings for aloonyman ones and you'll save yourself a couple of pounds.

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

mickle said:
My first road bike had steel rims, carbon steel frame, five speeds and a cottered crank, you're doing alright.

Replace those nasty steel rings for aloonyman ones and you'll save yourself a couple of pounds.

What steel rings :S?

bonj2

Top Bottom