Rate my Yorkshire Pudding... I mean 'Toad in the Hole' <DOH>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Except they're French of course.

They got the name yorkshire pudding because people of yorkshire being so tight they would fill up on oven baked pancake batter thus having to serve less proper food.
Pity it ain't true though

classic33

Leg End Member
My mother came from Halifax so I was educated in the strange customs of Yorkshire even though I've always been a Southern Softie.
World Coal Carrying Championship, Ossett, West Yorkshire
The nation's coalmen (and women, in a separate race) compete carrying a hundredweight of coal (51kg) uphill from the Royal Oak pub in Owl Lane to the maypole in the high street (1.3km)
• Easter Monday

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
[QUOTE 4719706, member: 259"]Well if the thread had been given a proper title in the first place we wouldn't be in this mess![/QUOTE]
Guilty as charged.............

:laugh:

pawl

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4719643, member: 259"]Us kids would have it with gravy before the meat but my dad sometimes had his with jam and custard after.[/QUOTE]

We often had after the main meal with Blackberry vinigar.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
My Grandad used to have his with jam as well.

I dont think people eat it as much now, all the people I know have salads and pasta etc, not big dinners on a Sunday anymore.

You're mixing in the wrong company

Most Sundays we will have a roast of some descriptions, roast potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshires (with any meat...I know :ohmy:), 3 veg, gravy

If a salad was served on Sunday afternoon around here there would be a mutiny on the washing up front

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You're mixing in the wrong company

Most Sundays we will have a roast of some descriptions, roast potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshires (with any meat...I know :ohmy:), 3 veg, gravy

If a salad was served on Sunday afternoon around here there would be a mutiny on the washing up front

Exactly the same here - my best yorkies were served with chicken yesterday - feel free to stone me, but as far as I am concerned, if you a roasting something then a yorkshire goes with it.

Top Bottom