Rate this car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
ask me how I know 😊
Ok. How do you know?🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What a day!!! Just before they came from Age Uk to assess me i thought i'd charge my new jump start thingy. I went to plug it on then disaster!! One of the pins on the plug was bent, so it wouldn't fit in the socket! My thought s were "Oh no, it was frosty last night and you know what that could mean"! :unsure: I went into panic mode. Anyway, after the assessor left i went to my car expecting the worst. Thankfully it fired up without a problem! It was quite mild by then and maybe that helped. After i'd been to the shop i hang out in i drove to Halfords to ask for a replacement. They replaced it without a quibble. So i haven't even charged it up yet, never mind used it to start my car. I'm not bothered if i don't need to use it all this winter as it's just nice to have that peace of mind of it being there in case i do!!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
tumblr_mj5tcyZdY11qh1g19o1_500 (1).gif

Brandane

Legendary Member
Came home earlier today to find that my neighbour has signed for a parcel addressed to me. Strange, I thought, as I am not expecting anything.
Turns out it is a Sony PS4, with receipt in box valuing it at £295.
Thing is, I did not order it. It was sent by JD Williams in Oldham, apparently a catalogue company. I do not, and never did have, an account with them. Yet the parcel was properly addressed to me.

The only available options to contact JD Williams is via an 0345 number (which I tried but waiting times are 10 minutes, and the potential charges by Vodafone are 30 pence per minute :ohmy:).. and an 0871 number which Vodafone will not connect me to.

So here I am with a Sony PS4 of absolutely no use to me, and unable to return it. What to do?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Came home earlier today to find that my neighbour has signed for a parcel addressed to me. Strange, I thought, as I am not expecting anything.
Thing is, I did not order it. It was sent by JD Williams in Oldham, apparently a catalogue company. I do not, and never did have, an account with them. Yet the parcel was properly addressed to me.

The only available options to contact JD Williams is via an 0345 number (which I tried but waiting times are 10 minutes, and the potential charges by Vodafone are 30 pence per minute :ohmy:).. and an 0871 number which Vodafone will not connect me to.

So here I am with a Sony PS4 of absolutely no use to me, and unable to return it. What to do?
I've ordered another palm tree and a fake Rolex watch. If they arrive at yours you will let me know and not keep them for yourself won't you?!🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thinking back to the Micra i put through its paces on Wednesday, I forgot to mention the knocking sound coming from the front as I braked and the weedy sounding horn. I don't know about the knocking sound, but on trying the horn I'd say it was about half as loud as the one on my Mini.🤔

Badger_Boom

Über Member

I can't remember how it works but I understand that there si some sort of scam involving having high value stuff delivered to the 'wrong' address. I seem to recall that they may offer to send someone to collect it, closely followed by someone else who demands to know why you handed it over to a 'fake' courier.

tyred

Legendary Member
Accy, as suggested in another recent thread, have you considered a Fordson Dexta?

Wind in the hair motoring, excellent all-round visibility, well proven reliability record over many decades, economical and reliable 3-cylinder Perkins diesel, six speed gearbox and plenty of low-down torque to pull your doggy pram. You could modify it to go on the three point linkage:okay:

Top Bottom