Rather OT. Those anti-tamper screw things..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Our blender's packed up, there's something rattling about in there somewhere. The motor runs but it doesn't drive the blades under load.

So the first two screws on the base are easy, phillips.

Then I go for the next one and it's got a triangular slot in the head.

Bollocks.

Can you get triangular allen keys then?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

LondonCommuter

I had a similar problem (star shaped torx rather than triangular) and all I wanted to do was replace the bulb in our fitted microwave oven. The manual that came with the oven gave no instructions and the service line expected me to call out an engineer (£80 from memory). In the end, I bought a similar set from Maplin (ebay is much cheaper though)

I bought a £9.99 box of assorted anti-tamper drive bits from Motaman in Bristol. In addition to the usual selection of PH and PZ in all the sizes its got a three armed 'PH', a four armed but angled 'PH', a Torx with a hole (for dismantling gents toilet cubicles I guess.......?!) Metric and Imperial hex, triangle, square etc. About a hunerd and twenty pieces all together. Paid for itself with one hair-dryer repair.

Mr Pig

They do piss you off something terrible. Every time they introduce a new tamper-proof screw everyone just goes out and buys the bits to fit them and the whole story starts all over again.

Top Bottom