Re-cycle bar tape?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I have bought some 380 bars as my stock ones were 420, way too wide for my shoulders.
I only had Lizard skins tape put on about a month ago. Bad organisation I know.
Will the tape come off well & be able to be re-used?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I would use it again, carefully unwrapped, cant see a problem.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Throwing away plastics and synthetics is bad and sinful and a baby robin will die so you must re-use it.

T4tomo

Guru
Wrap from the centre outwards so you don't have to have the ugly and unnecessary finishing tape right in the middle in direct lie of sight. By going outwards you end up finishing at the bar end plugs which magically hold it all in place without resorting to sticky backed plastic.
Yes, but the edges then face the wrong way on the drops and tend to lift slightly.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
The tape was re-used but was an absolute nightmare to peel off as it was Uber sticky. It never goes back on as good as the first time.
The new narrower bars are fantastic however.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Some bar tapes have a silicone gripper strip on the back, rather than sticky tape. These remove and refit quite easily.
Profile or Bontrager cork tape comes to mind.

si_c

Guru
The tape was re-used but was an absolute nightmare to peel off as it was Uber sticky. It never goes back on as good as the first time.
The new narrower bars are fantastic however.
Never had any problems with lizard skins, had the same tape on over a year and just recently rewrapped it after changing cables.

Top Bottom