Ready to start!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I see them every time I look back. That's why they should be good broad lights mounted where you can see them. No specific looking at them is needed. Trying to get the two-poor-lights fans to understand this seems impossible! :banghead:
I have a Busch and Muller Toplight D Permanant on the back of my rack as per the instructions. It is impossible to see if it is working while riding. (Except maybe in pitch dark or foggy conditions). I also run a Cateye Omni 5 under the saddle.

Neither of these are poor lights. The B&M is StVZO compliant. I don't know if the Omni 5 is. And to be honest I don't give a stuff.

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

I bought the Aldi lights as recommended earlier in this thread.

They’re pretty bright. Not used them yet out and about though.

I have a red flashing light on my helmet too lol

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I have a Busch and Muller Toplight D Permanant on the back of my rack as per the instructions. It is impossible to see if it is working while riding. [...] The B&M is StVZO compliant.
That's a bit odd because I'm fairly sure StVZO requires it to be visible from above so the rider can check it. That's another feature why StVZO is usually a good synonym for decent as well as legally-sufficient.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That's a bit odd because I'm fairly sure StVZO requires it to be visible from above so the rider can check it. That's another feature why StVZO is usually a good synonym for decent as well as legally-sufficient.
It's mounted on the back of a rack and therefore my rack pack is in the way. If I never carried anything on my rack, and if I craned my neck round through 180 degrees then maybe, just maybe I might be able to see it. However the reason I have a rack is to carry stuff on.

As it is I run two lights so the issue doesn't arise. :smile:

I think this sub thread has run its course. My advice to anyone interested is to run two rear lights for the advantages of redundancy. You feel that this is a bad thing and that one light should suffice. We'll just have to agree to differ. I'm happy with that.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It's mounted on the back of a rack and therefore my rack pack is in the way. If I never carried anything on my rack, and if I craned my neck round through 180 degrees then maybe, just maybe I might be able to see it. However the reason I have a rack is to carry stuff on.

As it is I run two lights so the issue doesn't arise. :smile:

I think this sub thread has run its course. My advice to anyone interested is to run two rear lights for the advantages of redundancy. You feel that this is a bad thing and that one light should suffice. We'll just have to agree to differ. I'm happy with that.
for commuting i run 3 one on the seatpost and a clip on on each pannier

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Don't people mistake you for a plane tail and wingtip marker lights further away? ;)
i dont get many close passes thats for sure

I bought the Aldi lights as recommended earlier in this thread.

They’re pretty bright. Not used them yet out and about though.

I have a red flashing light on my helmet too lol
Good choice, on full whack you can pretty much see them from space. The beam pattern is pretty good too.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
After reading your recommendation for the Aldi lights (Racing roadkill) I bought two sets, the free postage made sense to buy two, I normally use Hope R2 front and Hope district rear for winter commutes, however not commuting at the moment, so the Aldi one was bought to keep on the bars, side by side test the hopes won, however on full power the Aldi was close, and certainly good enough for unlit country roads, great light set and a bargain price, the rear is good too

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

After reading your recommendation for the Aldi lights (Racing roadkill) I bought two sets, the free postage made sense to buy two, I normally use Hope R2 front and Hope district rear for winter commutes, however not commuting at the moment, so the Aldi one was bought to keep on the bars, side by side test the hopes won, however on full power the Aldi was close, and certainly good enough for unlit country roads, great light set and a bargain price, the rear is good too

Does your rear light or either of them flash? I can’t figure out how to make mine flash lol

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Just keep pressing the buttons! the rear has several flash modes and the front, one, they are good lights and I have a lot to compare them with!

Top Bottom