Ready to start!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ah I’ve pressed through them all! Maybe I have a faulty set? I’ll have a play again later
Not familiar with the lights you have but often to switch between modes you need to half-press the on/off button rather than pressing it fully. I'm sure you have tried this but it's worth mentioning anyway because if you don't know then you don't know :okay:

Are there any instructions with the lights?

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

tried your new carrera yet?

Not yet - sadly. Ice and snow yesterday and Ciara decided she wanted to ruin the weekend.

Maybe later this week if I can.

I’m trying to find a cycle club to join but no one is emailing me back :laugh:

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

Not familiar with the lights you have but often to switch between modes you need to half-press the on/off button rather than pressing it fully. I'm sure you have tried this but it's worth mentioning anyway because if you don't know then you don't know :okay:

Are there any instructions with the lights?
Yeah I’ve been pressing away lol.
Never actually thought to keep the instructions - I wonder if they’re still in my car 🧐 good plan Stan!

BigMeatball

Not yet - sadly. Ice and snow yesterday and Ciara decided she wanted to ruin the weekend.

Maybe later this week if I can.

I’m trying to find a cycle club to join but no one is emailing me back :laugh:

Emails seem to be quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Find the clubs on instagram and send them a direct message. People are on instagram all day every day now so you might have better luck this way.

Also might want to try to see if they have a facebook group and contact them on there. Especially if it's a cycling group with older folks, facebook is still commonly used by them.

Last edited:

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Here you go

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

Emails seem to be quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Find the clubs on instagram and send them a direct message. People are on instagram all day every day now so you might have better luck this way.

Also might want to try to see if they have a facebook group and contact them on there. Especially if it's a cycling group with older folks, facebook is still commonly used by them.
Haha I don’t have Instagram - deleted it when I realised it was having no positive influence on my life 😂
I do still have Facebook though, so that’s a good idea.
I’ll give it a go later

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

So I’ve done 6 miles tonight on the road bike - first time out cycling since having a cold. First time on my new bike.
It’s much scarier than the hybrid! And I feel like my hands are too small to reach the breaks - which scares me. Any advice on this? Can I make the break shifters (I think that’s what they’re called) smaller so I can grip better?
Also, my neck was aching 😂

vickster

Legendary Member
So I’ve done 6 miles tonight on the road bike - first time out cycling since having a cold. First time on my new bike.
It’s much scarier than the hybrid! And I feel like my hands are too small to reach the breaks - which scares me. Any advice on this? Can I make the break shifters (I think that’s what they’re called) smaller so I can grip better?
Also, my neck was aching 😂
I would personally get some crosslever brakes (also known as inline brakes) fitted to the handlebars, they cost around £25 plus fitting and new tape probably. I have on most of my roadbikes
What brake levers do you have on the bike?
Are the brake levers positioned correctly on the bars. You can swivel them round a little towards you on the bars.
Have you confirmed that the bars are the correct width? Are your elbows locked when you're on the hoods? You might benefit from a shorter reach too if your neck hurts because you're too stretched, you can also flip the stem round to bring the bars up which may help the neck. Assume you've also checked that your saddle is in the right position on the rails?

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

What brake levers do you have on the bike?

I think they are Shimano Claris levers

here’s a pic
9D37D2FA-6A7B-4472-842F-05210198996C.jpeg

Are the brake levers positioned correctly on the bars. You can swivel them round a little towards you on the bars.

I’ll have a look into this. I have no clue.

Have you confirmed that the bars are the correct width? Are your elbows locked when you're on the hoods?

My elbows are locked yeah. Which is quite uncomfortable. Felt like my hands were cramping up.
How do I check the width? You did mention this before but I forgot

You might benefit from a shorter reach too if your neck hurts because you're too stretched, you can also flip the stem round to bring the bars up which may help the neck.

I need to look into this too and the saddle.

seems I have a lot to check! Good job it’s still sat in my dining room much to my partners annoyance haha

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@LibraRider Do you feel comfortable on the hybrid for reach ?

If so you could try setting the saddle at same height and then also measure from the seat post to the centre line of the bars / stem joint and compare lengths , i would expect the Carrera to be longer , you might get away with trying a shorter stem or even try shifting the saddle forward on the rails

vickster

Legendary Member
Bar width- measure shoulders
Inline brakes, just take the bike to your local shop and explain, they’ll be able to supply and fit
If elbows locked, you’re reaching too far. If frame correct size, a shorter stem needed

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

@LibraRider Do you feel comfortable on the hybrid for reach ?

If so you could try setting the saddle at same height and then also measure from the seat post to the centre line of the bars / stem joint and compare lengths , i would expect the Carrera to be longer , you might get away with trying a shorter stem or even try shifting the saddle forward on the rails

Thats a really good idea - except - i took the saddle off my hybrid and put it on my road bike because the other saddle was too uncomfortable! Never thought to measure the height.

Top Bottom