Real ale Vs. Lager

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Smokin Joe said:
Real ale is drunk by men with beards and lumberjack shirts who ride to the pub on some antiquated pile of old junk made of steel and fitted with kit that became obsolete in 1955. They are fat, fart loudly, have sex with animals because women are repulsed by them, have a model railway in the shed and still live with their mums.

And your point is?

Brock

Just enjoying a Batemans Triple XB, bargain for one pound twenty odd from Tescos.

'This is a self-proclaimed classic, which is backed up by the fact that it's been voted best in its class four times at the Great British Beer Festival. It has an intense nose of dark, fruity, almost marmitey malt, with a touch of hop (Challenger and Goldings). The palate also consists of rich, fruity malt, with plums, dates, raisins and possibly sloe berries. It is slightly sweet, but this is balanced by a heavy bitterness, also more malty than hoppy. Aftertaste is of slightly cloying bitter, caramelly malt. This is quite a flavoursome beer, certainly heavier than its strength suggests, but perhaps not as exceptional as one might expect from its classic pretensions.'

From http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/. A fantastic resource for ale slurpers.

Johnny Thin

It depends what you mean by lager - I wouldn't drink the Fosters etc p1ss if you paid me but I do actually prefer the German lagers (Pilsener) to real ale because they give you less of a hangover, they're so pure that 5 pints is no problem whereas 2 pints of some real ales (eg Enville) knock me out.

Top Bottom