Real Cyclists

Discussion in 'Helmet Discussions' started by Grumble, 2 Aug 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumble

Grumble Member

I'm here to put the point of view of real cyclists those who use cycles as their chief means of transport not as a Yuppy recreation.
    For starters real cyclists DO NOT WANT CYCLE HELMETS IMPOSED ON US!!

2. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Please stop before this topic has more threads than the limpics.:sad::sad:

The Brewer likes this.
  3. re84uk

re84uk Active Member

ok then

jazloc and Scilly Suffolk like this.
  4. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

I'm a real cyclist and I agree fully with the proposed legislation. You do not speak for all real cyclists.

jazloc and GetAGrip like this.
  5. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I'm a real cyclist and I don't agree with the proposed legislation. You do not speak for all cyclists.

jazloc, GetAGrip and MattHB like this.
  6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

1 post wonder, jog on!

GetAGrip likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Grumble

Grumble Member

I am not speaking for all cyclists. If you want to wear a helmet - go bald - and then find out that in an accident, by the very nature of car/cycle collisions it doesn't make a halfpenny's worth of difference and if you want to let the Daily Mail do your thinking for you. THEN OK but don't impose your blinked views on your fellow cyclists. What I do with my life is my business not yours!

8. StuartG

StuartG slower but further

I didn't know any Real Madrid players cycled home - but its logical as they definitely don't want to wear helmets on the pitch which is a much more dangerous place than off ...

dellzeqq likes this.
  9. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

You said you were speaking for real cyclists.. And I am one.

And I am bald. Although I'm not sure what relevance that has. I'm not imposing my views on anyone.. Mearly replying to YOUR thread.

10. McWobble

McWobble Euthermic

This would tend to suggest otherwise...

11. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

actually, it suggests that I was offering my opinion in contradiction to the OP, not starting a thread claiming to speak for all cyclists and expressing SOME of their views wrongly.

Each to their own, but dont claim to speak for me.

12. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

I'm a pretend cyclist so my view doesn't count. As you were.

:tongue:

Pauluk and lordloveaduck like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Grumble

Grumble Member

People wonder how the Nazi Party and later the East German Regime could get away with what they did, after all the average German is pretty much like the average Brit. Well that's the problem they both accept nonsense emanating from their preceived 'superiors' without questioning it - they obey orders. Very useful on the battlefield as our history has shown but an absolute disaster for a Democratic society.

14. Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic Guest

I saw a couple of war films when I was younger, which makes me something of an expert.

I notice that the soldiers of the Wermacht often wore helmets when they went into battle.

I hope I have added to the debate, but fear I have not.

Pauluk, Fnaar and lordloveaduck like this.
  15. Cheshire Celt

Cheshire Celt Legend

Iam not a real cyclist I've not had. Crash yet so I'll just cycle on with my helmet on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice