Realising how fragile you can be

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
GWS :hugs:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Do those asking "Did you get the reg?" and "Hope you get insurance!" really think a cyclist who has just been knocked flying by a car is going to be able to recover fast enough to sit up and read a fast-disappearing registration plate? Get real!

Even if the poor guy had a cam, which recorded the reg, chances are the car was an uninsured drug dealers' pool car or being driven by somebody with no licence. It's said that 10% of cars are uninsured but I bet the figure is much higher.

Venod

Eh up
Stick at the turbo untill you feel confident enough to get back on the road, hope all goes well.
An accident effects people differently I had a near head on, resulting in a knackered shoulder, I bought a smart turbo to aid recovery, the best thing I ever did, I don't mind the turbo at all now, I am back on the road and country albeit with dodgy shoulder.
My mate slipped and fell of on a level crossing resulting in a hip replacement, he has not ridden since, he sold his bikes and all his gear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Do those asking "Did you get the reg?" and "Hope you get insurance!" really think a cyclist who has just been knocked flying by a car is going to be able to recover fast enough to sit up and read a fast-disappearing registration plate? Get real!

Even if the poor guy had a cam, which recorded the reg, chances are the car was an uninsured drug dealers' pool car or being driven by somebody with no licence. It's said that 10% of cars are uninsured but I bet the figure is much higher.
Hi there! I didn’t get the reg or even the best description... Mrs Easytigers has been grilling me but it just happened so fast. Tbh I’m just glad that I’m still here...

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I really cannot press like to your op @Easytigers :sad:
True, one never knows what's round the corner.
Hope you'll get better soon :hugs:
Shame about your re-homed fleet, bet you'll miss your bikes in a while.

Drago

Legendary Member

Dont judge everyone by your own standards. I have been had off, was fortunately not hurt, and had the presence of mind to at least try. No one is thinking any the less of Easytigers for not being able to do so under the circumstances, and it's not unreasonable to ask the victim if they did by chance get a reg. Get real.

Stephenite

Membå
Oooof! Sounds awful. Hope you recover quickly. :smile:

I think most mean well and are just projecting their feelings of compassion

Hadn't ridden for quite a while so a couple of weeks ago I decided to take one of the bikes out for a quick spin. Got 500 yards from the house and got pincered between a car and the kerb (think they were in the phone as just as they were about to hit me and the kerb they did an almighty swerve and sped off).

I ended up hitting the kerb and going over the top. Knew straight away that my elbow has dislocated... dragged the bike home and off to hospital I went.

Lots of details later...I’ve ended up having to have an elbow replacement and am in a cast right up to the shoulder :-(

Initially, I threw my toys out of the pram and sold six of the bike in a week (Mrs Easytigers very happy!). But now having had a bit of time to think I’ve put one of the bikes on the turbo in the garage and have got back on it!

Not sure if I’ll ever have the nerves to ride road again and I guess I’ll have to see how the recovery goes (consultant on Tuesday). Anyway, 5 minutes changed a lot of things!
Although my off was pure accident (wet leaves at 2mph), it's gained me a new shoulder replacement and endless hassle, so much sympathy. Good that you have a turbo to get on. I can't imagine not cycling, even if I have never done huge miles, so hope you do regain enough confidence to venture out once more.

Top Bottom