Really odd "I've got this mate" question.....

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Raging Squirrel, 9 Aug 2012.

1. Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel Well-Known Member

Right, this is one of them "I've got a mate" questions......but this really is a genuine question a mate in work has asked me today.

He started cycling a few weeks before me. He's pretty fit and healthy, but has told me about this odd problem he's having. My initial thinking was given, and he's said it's a possibility but didn't know where to go or who to ask, so I said I'd ask on here.

Basically, he does a 6 mile route on a road bike with a normal seat which he says puts pressure on his grundle (the definition of grundle, just incase anyone doesn't know is

Noun
    grundle (plural grundles)
    1. (US, slang) The area between anus and scrotum in a male)

When he's finished, he says it feels like he can't walk properly, and feels like he needs a wee. His groin area is extremely sensitive, but his dingaling doesn't change in size....but gets what he could only describe as a pre hard on feeling. Then after a few minutes, all these feelings disappear and then he's fine.

I suggested that maybe, seeing as the seat presses against his grundle, maybe his prostate is getting some kind of a massage and this is causeing these feelings. Has anyone got any ideas at all on this?

2. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

I think its basically a prostate massage from the thinner part of the saddle, never happened with my old squidgy saddle, but it does very occasionally if ive moved around on the harder saddle that came with the bike.:cuppa: I did try to look it up a while back, but just found a load of random articles about whether cycling causes prostate cancer or not. I hadnt thought of asking about it on behalf of my mate though ;) :tongue:

Maylian and Raging Squirrel like this.
  3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Recommend changing the saddle. Possibly a flatter one, less padding

4. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

Or one with a cut out middle section.

5. terry_gardener

terry_gardener Über Member

could it be that the tilt of the saddle is to high, (nose up to much)

6. OP
    OP
    Raging Squirrel

haha, no honestly it is a mate in work. I have a comfy-ish boardman seat, he's got a hard looking carrera seat :tongue:

7. OP
    OP
    Raging Squirrel

that's a possibility, I'll have a look if he comes into work on it tomorrow.

8. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Beat me to it, check saddle height,setback and tilt.

9. Cyclist33

Cyclist33 Guest

Facetious comment: if he's getting a semi-on while cycling, more power to him!

Stu

AnythingButVanilla and Biglad82 like this.
  10. Biglad82

Biglad82 Active Member

Sitting to far forward on saddle? As mentioned wrong angle.. ? Lol mates. The least you could have done is grease a finger up with chain lube and rub it better for him :whistle:

11. Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

If you, sorry your friend, cycles more than 6 miles then things could become very embarrassing for him.

12. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Padded cycle shorts/bibs will reduce pain in this area.

13. Cubist

Cubist Still wavin' Moderator

14. Poacher

Poacher Gravitationally challenged member

"Did you come on your bike?"
    "Yes, it's this damn saddle that does it!"

15. lejogger

lejogger Über Member

Your mate doesn't row for the USA does he? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344580976.145700.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice