Really odd "I've got this mate" question.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raging Squirrel

Right, this is one of them "I've got a mate" questions......but this really is a genuine question a mate in work has asked me today.

He started cycling a few weeks before me. He's pretty fit and healthy, but has told me about this odd problem he's having. My initial thinking was given, and he's said it's a possibility but didn't know where to go or who to ask, so I said I'd ask on here.

Basically, he does a 6 mile route on a road bike with a normal seat which he says puts pressure on his grundle (the definition of grundle, just incase anyone doesn't know is

Noun
grundle (plural grundles)
  1. (US, slang) The area between anus and scrotum in a male)

When he's finished, he says it feels like he can't walk properly, and feels like he needs a wee. His groin area is extremely sensitive, but his dingaling doesn't change in size....but gets what he could only describe as a pre hard on feeling. Then after a few minutes, all these feelings disappear and then he's fine.

I suggested that maybe, seeing as the seat presses against his grundle, maybe his prostate is getting some kind of a massage and this is causeing these feelings. Has anyone got any ideas at all on this?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I think its basically a prostate massage from the thinner part of the saddle, never happened with my old squidgy saddle, but it does very occasionally if ive moved around on the harder saddle that came with the bike.:cuppa: I did try to look it up a while back, but just found a load of random articles about whether cycling causes prostate cancer or not. I hadnt thought of asking about it on behalf of my mate though ;) :tongue:

OP
OP
Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel

I think its basically a prostate massage from the thinner part of the saddle, never happened with my old squidgy saddle, but it does very occasionally if ive moved around on the harder saddle that came with the bike.:cuppa: I did try to look it up a while back, but just found a load of random articles about whether cycling causes prostate cancer or not. I hadnt thought of asking about it on behalf of my mate though ;) :tongue:

haha, no honestly it is a mate in work. I have a comfy-ish boardman seat, he's got a hard looking carrera seat :tongue:

Cyclist33

Facetious comment: if he's getting a semi-on while cycling, more power to him!

Stu

lejogger

Guru
Your mate doesn't row for the USA does he?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344580976.145700.jpg

Top Bottom