Really Really Pi$$ed!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p90ade

2 weeks ago i brought me a bianchi 100 strade, i have done 2 60 mile rides on it and while cleaning it after going out on it this morning i noticed a crack!
A BLOODY CRACK!!!!!
its realy pee`d me off and put of carbon abit.
will be outside the bike shop at 9am tuesday morning.

OP
OP
P

p90ade

its where the bottom bracket joins to the bottom of the rear stay.

photo.jpg

Ceedee

Sorry to here about the bike, im sure they will sort it out and you will have another nice new bike :biggrin: I had a similar problem, brought mine home and noticed the front mech had n't been set up so in the small ring it hit the down tube and chipped the paint, rang the shop and they exchanged it. That pi$$ed me off as well.

OP
OP
P

p90ade

You can definatley feel something when I rub my nail over it.
If it's dirt ina blemish it should polish out realy shouldn't it?

accountantpete

Brexiteer
It might be a crack in the paintwork due to the flex of the carbon - trouble is that you won't be able to clean it out entirely so you might need a bit of over-painting to diminish the effect.

Trouble is that if you ever sell it on then this is going to affect the price so I'd return the bike as faulty.

Mark_Robson

That's a strange one. I have a carbon bike and lots of carbon fishing rods and I haven't seen anything that looks like that. I'm no expert but I would imagine that the finish on bikes is designed to withstand flexing,as it does on rods. So if I had to guess I would say that it looks like a scratch. I would still get it checked out though as it is an area of high stress.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
BTW - if it is flex it's not a great advert for the quality of the bike. You really need a super stiff bottom bracket area.

OP
OP
P

p90ade

What should I expect the lbs to do? It's only just over 2 weeks old so should I expect a replacement or a refund if they haven't got a replacement? Or are they going to try fob me off and say it needs going back to bianchi?

Top Bottom