Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, I didn't realise until very late that those two were very well regarded and skilled session musicians. I think until then I imagined that they were two amiable codgers from an eastend pub circuit who had got lucky. They are on loads of stuff - very rock and roll.
That is news to me too!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The IPlayer has a good documentary about Chas and Dave. It was very interesting, they played with Jerry Lee Lewis.
Sadly no longer available.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nkdsv

Eziemnaik

Über Member
ffl1lrk1vou31.jpg

Also Lundgren holds an Msc and Bsc in chemical engineering

And

Fun sponge
Private Godfrey is the great uncle of one of the last Jedi (Rey).

classic33

Leg End Member
During the opening sequence of "Days Of Thunder ", if you watch carefully, you will see a Busch Grand National series official inspecting a car.

The Daytona 500 is a Winston Cup event.

classic33

Leg End Member
Born on 28th April 1928, Eugene "Gene" Shoemaker was one of the 20th century's great minds. He often dreamed of climbing into a spacesuit and walking on its surface. Sadly, he never got the chance; Addison's disease crushed his hopes of becoming an astronaut.

But in 1997, some of his ashes were laid to rest near the moon's southern pole. That made him the first — and to date, the only — person to ever receive a lunar burial.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, otherwise known as the Mormons, have posthumously baptisted both Anne Frank and Adolph Hitler.
Hitlers baptism was performed at the London Temple in the UK.

The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, otherwise known as the Mormons, have posthumously baptisted both Anne Frank and Adolph Hitler.
Hitlers baptism was performed at the London Temple in the UK.
Eh?
Him with the daft moustache certainly needed holding underwater, but baptised? Is this a C19 headline grab by The Morons (;)) - got my attention for sure, and whilst I didn't think I could hold them any lower in my esteem, I may have been wrong.

classic33

Leg End Member
Eh?
Him with the daft moustache certainly needed holding underwater, but baptised? Is this a C19 headline grab by The Morons (;)) - got my attention for sure, and whilst I didn't think I could hold them any lower in my esteem, I may have been wrong.
"According to Radkey, records obtained in 1998 show that Adolf Hitler was "baptized" and "endowed" on December 10, 1993, and "sealed" to his parents on March 12, 1994."

https://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-10-people-posthumously-baptized-by-mormons-2012-3?r=US&IR=T

Seevio

Guru
If the many worlds interpretation of quantum theory is correct, it follows that I, and possibly all of you are immortal.
According to theory, for every single quantum event, the universe splits into two (or more) timelines. Like trouser legs. (Thank you Mr Pratchett)

A simple example is England's 3rd goal in the 1966 world cup final. On our timeline, the goal stood and history is as we know it. However there are other timelines where it was ruled not to have crossed the line resulting in a West Germany win. We of course know nothing about the 2nd scenario because our history took a different route. The same principle applies to the universe but starting from a subatomic level rather than just in the mind of some Russian linesman.

The fact that we are all alive and reading this means that we are in a timeline where every random event that would have killed us has failed to do so. As we proceed to the future, the universe is continually branching into near infinite possibilities. I can ignore those timelines where I die because I will no longer be in them but as every possibility is accounted for, there will be timelines where I don't die. There will also be a smaller subset of the timelines where none of you die also.

Top Bottom