Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Does it mean if I sleep 16h I will live forever???
Yes.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Saving data to an SSD, RAM, flash memory, etc. increases its weight by an extremely small amount. One calculation states that 1GB of flash memory completely filled with 1s weighs something like 729 femtograms more than the same memory filled with zeros.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The biggest private owner of a farmland in USA is Bill Gates
I think Dyson is getting that way in the UK.
I presume it’s a fairly safe place to invest. And some of these billionaires have interest in low impact farming and organic methods as they aren’t looking for a huge region investment.

Mcdonalds own vast tracts of farmland in UK to breed cattle for their burgers. Most of the cattle are reared indoors and seldom see a field.

classic33

Leg End Member
There’s a real course called The Science of Batman at the University of Victoria in Canada. The course description reads: “The extreme range of adaptability of the human body explored through the life of the Caped Crusader.”

classic33

Leg End Member
More people die from plane exhaust funes than plane crashes.

Fewer than 1,000 people die in plane crashes each year, including small planes. But a 2010 MIT study found that about 10,000 deaths a year are attributable to toxic pollutants emitted by jet engines.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
One for the older members - anyone younger or not into history, look them up.

Edward Heath first met Jack Jones in Spain on the edge of one of the Spanish Civil War's bloodiest battles - Heath was part of an Oxford University delegation, Jones was fighting with the republicans.

Thirty years later as leader of the opposition, Heath had five leading trade unionists to dinner at his flat and was encouraged to do a bit of tinkling on his piano - Vic Feather asked Heath to play The Red Flag for Jack and he did.

Mike Yarwood was not present.

(By the by Jack Jones reportedly had far more time for Ted Heath than Harold Wilson)

Last edited:
Jack Jones was a paid agent for Moscow. He regularly reported to them on Government policy and thinking.

When he retired he declined the peerage that goes with the job.

Top Bottom