Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
Kangaroos or Uruguayans?
the kangaroos.
Uruguay folk happy where they are I assume (I know one in london but pretty sure they flew)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There can be up to 50 million kangaroos in Australia.

The population of Uruguay is about 3.5 million.

This means that if kangaroos invaded Uruguay, each Uruguayan would have to fight 14 kangaroos.
Why are they attacking Uruguay? They have to swim around Cape Horn which seems unnecessarily difficult and poor planning on the part of our marsupial friends.
Why not attack Fiji, it’s much closer and the population lower.
Better still attack New Caledonia as it’s a French colony. The fighting odds would be more than 200 kangaroos to one islander. And the kangaroos would be less tired after a shorter swim.

OP
OP
Blue Hills

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPayLGgx_8E

Every time you hear this on the radio TV a bit of money goes to a charitable trust set up by Harold Wilson.

A publicity stunt by the Move's manager used a cartoon showing a naked Wilson and Marcia Williams (latterly Lady Falkender)

Wilson sued and the judge ruled that all future royalties should go to a charity fund.

Beneficiaries have included Bolton Lads Club.

Bit of a pisser for writer Roy Wood though.

Steer clear of Marcia - good riddance - reportedly she wasn't above taunting Wilson's wife.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Ah, the lavender notepaper.
Apparently she didn't necessarily write down the first draft as such straight from her own head but may have just written it down on a certain sort of paper, as she did so much else, from Wilson's dictation.
But it seems clear that many of those honours had little to do with Wilson or the Labour Party.
Extremely strong implication that he was, er, somewhat influenced.
Intelligent able woman in so many ways I'm sure but petty and controlling to an incredible degree.
The events surrounding the 74 second election victory make sad reading.
So, again, in short, good riddance to her.

But Wilson was in many ways a very weak Prime Minister. He was totally under the thumb of the big unions, and there are still unanswered questions about his connection with Kagan.

There is a story going round up here about the TSR2 fighter plane. It was being built just up the road from here, and was cancelled somewhat arbitrarily. The story was that it was so advanced that it would totally change air warfare. Brezhnev and co thought the leap was too great and "had a word". Some political dealing was done and the plane was cancelled. A lot of anger up here.

The only example remaining is in Cosford. Quite impressive close up.

TSR2 at Cosford

OP
OP
Blue Hills
But Wilson was in many ways a very weak Prime Minister. He was totally under the thumb of the big unions, and there are still unanswered questions about his connection with Kagan.

There is a story going round up here about the TSR2 fighter plane. It was being built just up the road from here, and was cancelled somewhat arbitrarily. The story was that it was so advanced that it would totally change air warfare. Brezhnev and co thought the leap was too great and "had a word". Some political dealing was done and the plane was cancelled. A lot of anger up here.

The only example remaining is in Cosford. Quite impressive close up.
I'd start a new thread on the TSR2 - story sounds a bit odd to me I must say. To say the least.

Top Bottom