Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anyone seen a horse vomit on dry land?
You know when you really don;t wanr any more information on a subject

but you really NEED to as well

go - on - any Vets here???

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It is illegal for witches to fly higher than 150 metres in Eswatini (Swaziland). Offenders can be fined up to R500,000 - about £24000

CharlesF

Guru
Witch doctors, in Swaziland pay an annual tax of $1.15. Last year.

A member of the Swazi parliament argued that the tax should be raised to help the country deal with its growing debt
Hmmm, I think they would prefer you to call them Traditional Healers or Sangoma and the country is eSwatini

Dave7

Legendary Member
The 'famous' Cavern club opened 1957 as jazz venue. The original owner copied the idea of a basement/cave from one he enjoyed in Paris.
It then became jazz and skiffle but rock was banned.
The Quarrymen (Beatles) appeared there as they were originally a skiffle group.
One of the early acts was Rory Storm** and the Hurricanes.
Part way through their act they dared to throw in a 'rocker'. The audience pelted them with coins and the owner fined them 6 shillings but they collected all the coins which came to more than 6 sillings.
**Rory Storm was a locally well known athlete and swimmer. He lived with his Mum.....she found him dead in bed aged just 34 and promptly committed suicide.
AND
I used to go to the Cavern in 1961/62.

The Cavern Club that now exists in Matthew Street as a tourist money sink is nowhere near the site of the original club, which is now just a patch of wasteland.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The Cavern Club that now exists in Matthew Street as a tourist money sink is nowhere near the site of the original club, which is now just a patch of wasteland.
You may be getting mixed up with the Cavern club tourist place at the docks.
The actual Cavern club is just a few yards down from the original in Matthew Street.
It was active when I visited a couple of years ago.
I will double check that.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The same day Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin stepped for the first time on the surface of the Moon, Luna 15, a Soviet robotic mission to collect samples from the Moon before the US, failed and crashed 344 miles away into the side of a mountain.

Top Bottom