Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Sideburns were named after the American General Burnside who had a fine pair of as yet unnamed facial hair thingys on his cheeks.

Not sure I believe this to tell the truth.
Am also worried about the Xmas booze driven contortions this may drive some cchatters to. On your head be it.
I think the truth is, that when nose-to-nose with a mirror attempting to lick a body part, you will always lick the reflection of your tongue at the same time as you are attempting to lick the reflection of the other part of your body ...

classic33

Leg End Member
I think the truth is, that when nose-to-nose with a mirror attempting to lick a body part, you will always lick the reflection of your tongue at the same time as you are attempting to lick the reflection of the other part of your body ...
You've spent the evening trying!

You've spent the evening trying!
:rolleyes: Nah, it's simple physics.
As you want to lick the reflection of your body part, your tongue has to be in contact with the mirror for the licking action, and thus it is inevitable that you will be licking the reflection of your tongue, even if, say, your finger is also in contact with the mirror. As you reach out with your tongue to the reflection of your finger, a reflection of your tongue will visually 'block' the reflection of your finger at the moment you attempt to lick it. Anyone present, such as the attendant waiting with straitjacket at the ready, could confirm this, even though you will be going cross-eyed trying to focus at the distance from the mirror that your eyes are...

OP
OP
Blue Hills
ah maybe i misunderstood - i assumed it meant licking something you could see in the mirror - not the reflection on the mirror itself - not something i have ever yearned to do - so can rest easy.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mount Everest is now recognized as being nearly three feet taller than it was seven years ago. Prior to the 7.8 magnitude Quake in the region, in April 2015, it's accepted height was 29,029 feet. It now stands at, an agreed height*, of 29,031 feet.

*China & Nepal had previously disagreed over the height.
Our local Nepalese restaurant is named “ 29029 “ I’ll pass that on next time I’m there 😉

classic33

Leg End Member
Google users type in the term 'gander' – meaning 'a look (at something)' – 40,500 times a month.

The second most common Yorkshire words typed into the search engine were 'aye' (meaning 'yes') and 'bap' (meaning a 'bread bun') at 22,200 times a month each.

Top Bottom