Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
People don’t sneeze in their sleep due to their brain shutting down the reflex.
I like sneezing, I'm one of those people who has photic sneeze reflex and I like that I do

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Bill Gates is in the news again.
The reporter stated that he “earns” over $100 per second so if he dropped a $100 note on the floor he would have earned double by the time he bent down to pick it back up.

Dave7

Legendary Member
After the battle of Waterloo TENS OF THOUSANDS of bodies had their teeth removed and sent to England in order to make dentures.

1620378245043.png

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Belphegor is one of the seven princes of Hell who helps people make discoveries and gives them brilliant ideas for inventions to make them rich. He is also Hell's Ambassador for France.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mount Everest !!!!
Named after the English surveyor George Everest.
IF YOU WANT TO CLIMB IT.........
join the queue**.
Approx 800 people per year do it (or try) but its a very small window around May when the weather allows it.
**At the 'recognized' summit there are usually 6 other climbers waiting in a queue.
Oh yes........you must have a guide which will cost you $75K :wacko:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As well as liking queues, and having a fat wallet, you also need to accept quite a high risk of death. (I'm sure it's safer now on average, but wasn't 10% the going rate for deaths-per-summit?)
People do more ludicrous things with their money, so I leave the Everesters to it. I got scared on Crib Goch in the rain!
I don’t think it’s quite 10% but it is high.
The pictures of the queues make it look like an awful experience.
The actual rate is 1%. To put that in perspective it would be one death every 5 F1 races or 4 dead drivers every year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom