Rear derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
re the B screw only adjust it with the chain on the smallest chainring and largest cassette and then adjust the B screw so that the chain neatly passes from the derailleur to the cogs with around 5mm clearance

Hi I did what you said about moving the chain into the biggest tooth in the cassette and moving the chain into the smallest in the front but I'm still having problems with the jockey wheel being to close to the cassette I've lowed the b screw all the way down but it's still not working. Another guy on you tube has inserted a larger b screw to make it work. I thought with a long cage it would have been OK with a 32t.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Hi I did what you said about moving the chain into the biggest tooth in the cassette and moving the chain into the smallest in the front but I'm still having problems with the jockey wheel being to close to the cassette I've lowed the b screw all the way down but it's still not working. Another guy on you tube has inserted a larger b screw to make it work. I thought with a long cage it would have been OK with a 32t.

An RD has two specifications: 'wrap' and largest sprocket. You are pushing both. Surprised you're having a challenge getting the guide pulley low enough to stay clear of the 32t, but you are. Finding a longer set screw is the standard solution.

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
Yeah that's what the guy on YouTube told me looks like that's the only solution. There must be people on here that run a long derailleur and have a larger cassette than 32t I've put my 25t on there now with a different chain. I'll do a bit more investigating and see if I need to change the RD, cheers for the advice guys.

Top Bottom