Rear derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
I'm currently in the process of overhauling an old bike of mine for a friend's son.
So far I've spruced it up as best as I can (new cables, brake callipers, tyres, grips...) but I've come to a halt at the rear derailleur. I cleverly lost the fixing bolts, and the barrel adjuster was buggered beyond repair. Are these things easy to come by?

The derailleur is a Shimano SIS.

I was considering a straight up replacement, but THIS seems bigger (more length between each jockey wheel).

Anybody got any suggestions? I'd ideally like to complete this lil' 'project' of mine by the end of the month, as I've been using my nan's more accommodating residence as a workshop for far too long now
whistling.gif

Cheers

Attachments

• Photo 0019.jpg
    Photo 0019.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Photo 0020.jpg
    Photo 0020.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 30
C

chillyuk

By fixing bolt do you mean the small shouldered nut that goes in the frame drop out slot and the screw that goes through the gear hanger hole and into the nut. If so, I have just replaced a mechanism on my hybrid and have the old bits here, screw, nut and adjuster if any good to you. No charge. PM me if interested.

tyred

Legendary Member
Hopefully, Chilly's parts will help you out but if the worst comes to the worst, these complete derailleurs can be bought for £5.99 from ebay. I'm just after buying one for a bike I'm fixing for a neighbour.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
I got one of these for a friend's bike recently, somewhat better value than the one in your link I think because it will handle pretty much any cassette/chainset combination, and is close to the best integrated one available. If you want a truly better mech you will need to buy separate hanger (sjs also sells them I think) and rear mech.

Increased distance between the jockey wheels shouldn't be a concern.

Top Bottom