Rear light - Flashing or constant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Two rear lights on my carrier, one steady and one flashing, the flashing is a smart half watt.

I use two too ;) My theory is that a flashing light attract most attention but it is easier to judge distances to a solid light but you do get folk who'll notice the solid light first, better to cover both bases.

lip03

Über Member
I always run a smart flashing light at the bottom of drive side seat stay and a solid under my saddle
On a slightly different note anyone use green lights on there bike? Have a spare smart green light but don't know where to use it

benb

Evidence based cyclist

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I had a CatEye TL-LD1100 and really liked the variety of flashing modes and the side-pointing LEDs. The mounting mechanism onto the seat post bracket isn't that great though. I hit a bump on Battersea Bridge, it hopped out and got FUBARed by the bus behind me. A bit of insulation tape would have prevented it.

Yes, as above, it's quite heavy for a light, so has a fair bit of inertia. I think the bracket has a screw hole which you can use to screw through the mount and protrude into a recess on the light.

subaqua

What’s the point
...until the power of your light shining straight into their eyes dazzles a driver and they become temporarily blind.

if its less than 21w tungsten equivalent its no brighter than a rear foglight which so many plebs round here seem to like to drive with on. ;)

as to the original question. one solid , 2 flashing at different flash styles . and a flash and a solid on the front if anybodywants to know.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
On unlit roads I go for two rear lights after riding home in pitch black one night to discover my rear light had stopped working at some point.:eek:

Top Bottom