Rear light that mounts on the top rack braze on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
On the what? Do you mean the rack mount? Lug? A photo of where you mean might help

Lots of lights come with a small circumference mount to go on the seat stays (rear triangle stay), Smart ones for example

Rear rack lights are easy to find. Smart make cheap good ones and B&M make expensive good ones.
Do you mean front rack mounts?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Cateye rear lights come with the obvious frame and / or seat post clamps, but they also include a kind of ad hoc fitting kit with a flat mount that has two eyelets for tie wraps. I can only assume that's for racks, and I mounted my Cateye rear light on to the rear brazed bit of my rack on the hybrid using exactly this piece. Over the years the odd tie wrap has failed, but being double tied it's no matter, you can replace one easily.

vickster

Legendary Member
Rear rack lights are easy to find. Smart make cheap good ones and B&M make expensive good ones.
Do you mean front rack mounts?
For Smart ones you need a particular bracket screwed to the rack. I got one recently for a Topeak rack, about £6

Goggs

Guru
I don't think you're understanding the question folks. It sounds to me like the OP is not using a rack but would like to utilise the rack braze-on at the top of the seatstay to mount a light.

I also looked into this recently but drew a blank. A shame really because if there's no rack it would be a brilliant, logical position for a light. Same for the front fork carrier braze-ons.

winjim

Smash the cistern

Goggs

Guru
Not bad. It would at least allow a choice of light. I assume the centre is hollow to allow the use of a standard rack bolt?

Edit - nice find BTW.

Goggs

Guru
Yup, that one makes the fitting clearer. A set of lights front & rear mounted in this way would look very cool. Not entirely practical on the front though as I imagine the wheel would make it's presence felt on the beam pattern. Still, food for thought. I eventually found a use for my rear braze-ons when I fitted.. a rack.

SJS is new to me. Bookmarked.

Goggs

Guru
For Smart ones you need a particular bracket screwed to the rack. I got one recently for a Topeak rack, about £6

I just fitted a Topeak rear rack & I'm looking for a way to attach my Lezyne light more securely. What did you buy?

Top Bottom