Rear light ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuUngar

I clip a smart light to my back and it works treat.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/smart/lunar-r1-rear-light-ec024286

I am aware it should be on the bike but I have never been pulled and it has never been stolen.

Steve

The Smart R1 is available for £11.69 here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Lunar...=UTF8&qid=1383381110&sr=1-1&keywords=smart+r1

Just don't go out at night Chris....it's easier mate.

I run my rear light day and night - best insurance policy to not get a SMIDSY. Costs me very little with some decent rechargeable batteries and get a lot more room from cars. It's a habit I have taught my kids and I'd like to see more cyclists adopt.

The weather is so changeable in this country. ATM here it looks bright and sunny now yet 5 minutes ago was very dark and gloomy.

An amusing article about cyclists the author loves to hate which I am sure we can all agree with to some extent!

http://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/5-cyclists-love-hat/

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I was only joking stu. Because the op was having troubles attaching his rear light. I too run lights in daytime on gloomy days....good idea that!

Crankarm

Guru
Hi all

As I'm a short arse my saddle is not raised much I have a saddle bag which is awsome however I don't have any space to add a rear light to my seat post now. And ideas? Are the lights that are on a adjustable arm so i can attach to seat post under saddle bag and then adjust arm to allow light position in from of my seat bag?

Sorry i really don't know.

I'm looking at spending no more than 20 quid on a decent rear light.

£20 and decent rear light. This is not possible. You will waste your £20. You need to spend a little more and get an Exposure Red Eye. This IS a good light, the best.

Crankarm

Guru
Smart lights come with a choice of seapost or seat stay mounts. :thumbsup:

I bought some SMART front and rear lights once. I thought they were good until they fell apart. Lost 3 rear lights as the lenses came off the bodies as I went over uneven surfaces. Lugs broke. Awful build quality. Buy cheap buy twice. Exposure lights are the best on the market, very very bright and extremely well made.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
2745550 said:
Speaking of rear lights, the other evening some #&@? on a bike ran, quite gently it has to be said, into the back of my bike, breaking the wire to the rear light. I have just soldered spade connectors to a new wire and put that on. 13 zip ties were used to secure said front to back.
If it works and it's secure, why not?

400bhp

Guru
I bought some SMART front and rear lights once. I thought they were good until they fell apart. Lost 3 rear lights as the lenses came off the bodies as I went over uneven surfaces. Lugs broke. Awful build quality. Buy cheap buy twice. Exposure lights are the best on the market, very very bright and extremely well made.

The SMART rear I have is absolutely fine and well put together.

Top Bottom