Rear lights that can be mounted on seatstays and angled the way you want them.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hello all,

Do any of you have favourite rear lights like this? I would like rear lights for my seatstays that I can angle, rather than having them point up in the air!

I'm using the niterider Sabre 80.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The last four years of Lidl special tail lights have. No link as they're not yet on sale this autumn. I think they're very similar to a Cube Ready for Road Tour model but I didn't find it on sale so it might be obsolete hence available as a Lidl special.

oldstrath

Über Member

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Ah, thank you all - very helpful stuff and it is much appreciated.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The mount seems to be rotatable to adjust angle.
The point is that when you look at how far away the centre of the rearside of the light is from the mounting band, the length of the light, and the angle of the seatstays, you'll see that it won't tilt downwards enough to reach a horizontal aim before the bottom end of the light hits the seatstay.
The tilt is fine for a seatpost, but you need a lot more angle adjustment for a seatstay, especially on a small or compact frame. To get enough angle adjustment for a light of that length, you need a much longer mount, such that the centre back of the light is something like 4 cm away from the stay.

wonderloaf

Veteran
How about a Planet X Phaart (yes really!):
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPHBPDRL/phaart-bleep-dual-05-watt-led-rear-light

As installed on my bike:
upload_2018-10-10_21-31-56.png

Top Bottom