Rear lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Try the search function

Ive always wanted to be first to say that

its up there. No. Right a bit. There. Type in “rear light”. That’s it. Now check “ everywhere”. That’s everything you wanted to ever know about rear lights.

Sharky

Guru
Prefer battery led's (two) for the rear. Easy to carry spare batteries, but if a USB one goes flat you've had it. I know they last a long time, but if you leave it on when at work or if you forget to recharge it, can be an issue.

And always use reflective slap bands on the ankles.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
^^^ as above, great lights

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I got a Knog Blinder mini recently for just under £20. Have been pleasantly surprised by the brightness run time size and waterproofing. It is not a retina burner but plenty bright enough to get you seen.

Jonjay

Über Member
I’ve got the Bontrager Flare and am very impressed with it. Good range of modes, nice and bright, it’s tiny and links to Garmin if you have one.

mattobrien

Guru
My preferred rear lights;
Exposure TraceR
Lezyne Strip Drive Pro 300

and if you want to been seen from 2 miles away on a bright sunny day, Four4th Scorpion

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Get a German spec one. Not as dramatic as headlights but the lens and low battery warning are worth having.

Whatever you get, prefer to mount it where you can see it without stopping: seat stay or back of rack, rather than under the seat.

Cateye lights are unreliable shoot with a range of incompatible shoot mounts but that may just be my experience.

Personally I go for volume

currently have 3 rear lights = looking for a brighter front light - preferably with another rar ;ight
I have 4 on the rear, thus plenty of 'built-in redundancy' if a battery flattens on one

I have a 100 lumen one from Halfords. It’s excellent.
USB charging. It’s never let me down yet, even in filthy wet conditions.
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...lfords-100-lumen-rear-laser-light-253326.html

I have 3 of their '50 Lumen' now (was 2, plus their '25 lumen'), plus an older (10 years??) Smart)

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...halfords-50-lumen-rear-bike-light-253294.html

Previously it was just 2 of the 'Smarts'
Lighting. 2.JPG

This is the 'smart', 1 x '25', & 2 x '50'
Lighting. 16.jpg

'smart' & 3 x '50'
Sorry, not the best view, but that was at 14:30 yesterday

Lighting. 25.jpg

Top Bottom