Reasons not to wear helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
It is neither insightful or correct, your interpretation does not represent my opinions........ it is an interpretation that you have made to suit your agenda.

Your decision was to stifle debate, and restrict the topic to an area you feel comfortable.

You are now making assumptions about my opinions with no knowledge of wha they are. - please stop doing so.

OK my apologies - just for clarity. Can you restate why you choose not to wear a helmet?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
OK my apologies - just for clarity. Can you restate why you choose not to wear a helmet?
You don't have to choose not to wear a helmet. Your head comes without one.

You can only choose TO wear one.

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
You don't have to choose not to wear a helmet. Your head comes without one.

You can only choose TO wear one.

Absolutely true. But equally as cyclists we know they are widely used and available. There has to be some evaluation and self justification by those who don't use them

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Don't make the mistake of confusing the options.

Being against compulsion or the "wear a helmet or die" type of bullying is not anti-helmet.

The important thing is that the information is made available as to what helmets can and cannot do.

If someone goes out expecting the helmet to save them in a collision with a car, or to replace experience and training then they are putting themselves at risk.

In many cases training, a properly maintained bike and riding sensibly will achieve more benefit as buying a helmet!

Dan B

Disengaged member
I don't wear a helmet for the same reason as I don't cycle on the pavement: because the aggregated disbenefits of doing so outweigh any possible safety advantages.

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Rubbish, and you know it.

Erm... in which case you should state your reason, otherwise you've just contradicted yourself :stop:

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
I don't wear a helmet for the same reason as I don't cycle on the pavement: because the aggregated disbenefits of doing so outweigh any possible safety advantages.

This isn't a loaded question, I don't know - legally are you allowed to cycle on the pavement?

david k

Hi

So you dont think the benfits of a safety helmet are worth it? Someone at this point could ask you to prove it, however i respect it is your opinion of the safety benefits and as such Im willing to accept your point of view, as your point of view.

So at this point i feel the threads have identified 2 categories of people, those who feel helmets are of benefit enough to wear them and those who dont, or is there a third category?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom