Received a good tip today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
In my wallet I have a little pack of six Lezyne self-adhesive patches, which also have an instruction sheet, which can also be used as a boot between the tyre and the tube to get me home. I repaired a puncture whilst out & about on Saturday morning in a 700x23c tyre which has held onto over 100psi since Saturday afternoon no trouble.

Night Train

Maker of Things
He recommended taking a piece of a plastic bottle lying on the side and wedging it between my inner tube and tyre. I will now always keep a piece of plastic on me at all times on cycles :smile:

Thank you random cyclist!
I did that on a ride last year on Granville, only I also padded some paper between the tube and the plastic bottle to protect the tube from chaffing on the edges of the plastic. It allowed me to finish a lengthy ride and get home and then get out to buy replacement tyres.

Arch sells key rings made of short sections of tyre. If you had one of those you would always have a bit of tyre to use.:thumbsup:
https://sites.google.com/site/wastenotwantit/products/keyrings
Also if you had a bike tyre belt you could cut off as much as needed as a get you home.
^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Here is a good one.

If you've ridden through glass, never ever try and wipe the tyre with your hand positioned before the brake bridge in the direction of travel of the tyre ! :wacko:

Davidc

Guru
I use a piece of old inner tube to keep my puncture repair kit closed in the tool kit.Split open it's just right as a tyre boot - done it once for myself years ago, and recently for a woman who'd had a tyre split riding near here.

I wouldn't let my tyres get as knackered as the OP does, but splits can happen on any tyre, broken bottles being one of the causes.

Top Bottom