Recent flu strain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Three cases so far in the UK. Last one confirmed on the 26th. Two in Blackpool.
I wonder if it was from one of those little clothed moneys they used to have on the prom,where you could have your photo taken with them?:scratch:
0552797c766fca7f91c4188e412809c2.gif

byegad

Legendary Member
I had flu once in my life.
I was 40 and reasonably fit, it laid me low for 3 weeks and left me with asthma.

I always laugh when people with a sniffle tell me they have flu, my doctor told me when I had it that with a really bad cold you'd run out of a burning house, with flu you'd need helping out.

Julia9054

Guru
I always have a flu jab. Some years it works better than others but as it doesn't harm you, any protection is better than nothing. I had flu once - hideous. I had had my jab that year but obviously i have no idea how many times i have swerved flu thanks to the jab.

lane

Veteran
I had flu last winter. I get the flu job free but if not would pay for it - think its a tenner - for the chance of not having to go through that again. I am 56 and can't remember being that ill before.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm 58 and have gotten flu jabs for free since I was 53, and they like you to have the shingles shot at 57. I had chicken pox when I was younger, so that effects things as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
Let hope there isn't another outbreak of sheep pox in Wales if we have a long, dark winter.

vickster

Legendary Member
I should think flu shots would be covered under NHS. Over here, health insurance or employee benefits cover them, mainly. If you have that.
For a fair number of at risk groups, they are

Plenty of employers offer them to staff too.

What do people in the US who don’t have health insurance or employee benefits have to do/pay?
Here it’s the equivalent of around $10 all in

Top Bottom