Recent flu strain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
has anybody been down with the flu recently. Its been 10 days now and i'm just starting to feel better but just wondering how long it took you to get back on the bike? Headache and fever has passed but i've been left with muscle ache and fatigue. The cyclocross season is in full swing and i'm desperate to race

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Took me two weeks to get over it, although the sneezing and snivels still remain

Globalti

Legendary Member
Proper influenza and even a cold are debilitating and you need to allow yourself time to recover. Don't worry about loss of fitness, I'm 6 weeks into recovery from a bust collar bone and am pleased to see how fit I still feel.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Ask your M.D., but I think 2-3 weeks is usually my recovery from the flu. However,I'm not racing, and still recovering from a foot infection. You can do some things to help, like minding your diet and such, but mostly you need to rid yourself of the virus.

lane

Veteran
Yes going round - know quite a few people who have had it some worse than others there seems to be quite a variation in how hard people are hit. I missed one of my main cycling events for the year - felt more or less back to normal after 2 weeks but a further two weeks on still low on energy need more rest and cycling harder than normal. Don't think it's the actual flu just a virus I had proper flu last winter and that was far far worse.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just be glad its not monkey pox!
Three cases so far in the UK. Last one confirmed on the 26th. Two in Blackpool.

lane

Veteran
I got the flu jab last year and still
got the Flu. Will get itagain this year and hope for the best.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have 4 years one month to wait until I can get the shingles jab, unless the fact that both my dad and sister have suffered from it will get me immunised sooner.

How old do you have to be for the shingles jab?

My Mother had it and it really is a nightmare.j

Top Bottom