Recommend a budget jacket...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
My Aldi softshell-type jacket still going strong 3 years later; in terms of VFM, it tops my Gore, Garneau and Altura ones.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Does anyone have a pic of this wonder?

So i can recognise it next time.

(Not being sarky - have had some good stuff from aldi)
Screenshot_2017-02-25-21-40-07.png

This is the one I bought 2 years ago. Still going strong and probably my most worn piece of winter kit.
Think it cost about £14.99.
Thoroughly recommended.:okay:

Thanks dirk.

Will look out for it.
I have an aldi waterproof top which i really like.
Once saw it reduced from £20 to a tenner, should have snapped it up.

Jody

Stubborn git
+1 to polaris, particularly in their sales.

Quality designed and made stuff. Not uber uber fashionable but all the better for it.

They understand the needs of cyclists in british weather.

It seems to me they have taken over from where karrimor left off after that fine british company was trashed.

OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

I have ordered a polaris jacket and this morning found this jacket in Aldi for a tenner.. Reflective arms, 2x side pockets, large rear pocket and a chest pocket. Plus wind and waterproof apparently
20170226_120713.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
That looks a sweaty garment, is the inside rubberised? If so, if you are prone to perspiration, it'll feel like this inside...:rain::heat:

OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

It looks like the rainmac/plastic material but its not. Its actually quite soft. Picture doesnt do it justice.
Its got breathe holes and its very light. Has some soft material on the inside.

simongt

Guru
The 'breathability ' of any outdoor garment is relative to the wearer. I have a number of different makes of 'waterproof breathable' cycling and walking coats of various materials, with and without linings. But I've yet to come across one in which I don't end up as a 'boil-in-the-bag' :heat: subject after a reasonable amount of physical effort. I'm one of those who heats up pretty fast with little physical effort, so maybe I just defy the maker's garment claims - ! :rofl:

OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

The 'breathability ' of any outdoor garment is relative to the wearer. I have a number of different makes of 'waterproof breathable' cycling and walking coats of various materials, with and without linings. But I've yet to come across one in which I don't end up as a 'boil-in-the-bag' :heat: subject after a reasonable amount of physical effort. I'm one of those who heats up pretty fast with little physical effort, so maybe I just defy the maker's garment claims - ! :rofl:
No I'm the same.. Get warm very quick.
:heat:

simongt

Guru
And yet the daft thing is that no matter how hot my body gets, because of Raynaud's, that heat doesn't easily transfer to my fingers - !

Top Bottom