Recommend a budget jacket...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have ordered a polaris jacket and this morning found this jacket in Aldi for a tenner.. Reflective arms, 2x side pockets, large rear pocket and a chest pocket. Plus wind and waterproof apparently
View attachment 339688
That jacket was reduced to 5.99 today in my local Aldi, says "weatherproof" on the label.
I did not get it as it looks boil in the bag.

postman

Legendary Member
Evans have a sale on.I am 46 chest.
dare2b-fired-up-windshell-blue-EV294823-5000-1.jpg
£8-99 click and collect.Dare2b Fired Up Windshell mine is arriving Mon or Tuesday

Widge

Baldy Go
I have a couple of Aldi softshell jackets that have been very good and still going strong. One about 5 yrs old and a baggier fit than I should have bought-but I can layer up under it for extra-cold days and one more recent one that is a very comfortable slim-fit. They are both windproof and will resist a brief light shower. I have an Aldi (Crane) rain jacket too-similar to the one above and it is well vented around the shoulders/armpits and doesn't get too sweaty. Their designs change every year but the basic premise remains the same and for less than 15 squids a pop I have been more than satisfied.
I've had good luck with basic, cheap and effective clothing from both Planet X and Decathlon too.

I have a couple of Aldi softshell jackets that have been very good and still going strong. One about 5 yrs old and a baggier fit than I should have bought-but I can layer up under it for extra-cold days and one more recent one that is a very comfortable slim-fit. They are both windproof and will resist a brief light shower. I have an Aldi (Crane) rain jacket too-similar to the one above and it is well vented around the shoulders/armpits and doesn't get too sweaty. Their designs change every year but the basic premise remains the same and for less than 15 squids a pop I have been more than satisfied.
I've had good luck with basic, cheap and effective clothing from both Planet X and Decathlon too.

If the Aldi rain jacket is the one I'm thinking of it is truly excellent. My favoured jacket for touring applications. Will get another if they don't chase the design next time it comes round. Keeps rain off, pretty breathable, tough, looks quite smart (in black at least).

HemelChris

I have ordered a polaris jacket and this morning found this jacket in Aldi for a tenner.. Reflective arms, 2x side pockets, large rear pocket and a chest pocket. Plus wind and waterproof apparently
View attachment 339688

I brought one of these to at the start of the year, it really is a great jacket, light weight/shower proof/breathable/mega reflective and best of all cheap

My cheaper Aldi soft shell is a long serving favourite, well made, durable, and decent looking. They do them in lightweight small sizes so you should have no trouble getting a good fit ;) Seriously, its as good as anything you're likely to get for four times the price.

Is it like the one that I bought yesterday? (quoted from elsewhere)
We were in Aldi (@ Featherstone) yesterday, & saw these jackets
For £16.99, especially as they're labelled as wind-proof, water-proof, & breathable, I thought I'd try one

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-men's-cycling-jacket/p/076277142265800

DSCF3304[2].JPG

Top Bottom