Recommend a decent chain lube???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris1980

Hi
Can anyone recommend a good chain lube other than weldtite tf2 all weather, this stuff washes off really quicky and im having to reapply it every 3-4 days when the weather is crap. Cheers Chris

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have always used this.
5534_finish_line_xc_wet_lube.jpeg

If you drip it on to the rollers with a syringe (rather than squirting it all over the place from the bottle) , you can oil a ten-speed chain with less than 1.5 mL.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Never understood the label on the Muc-Off oil..... "Ideal for Chains, Cables, Shifters, Deraileurs, Pedals &Cleats" ... Cleats :eek: am I supposed to oil my Cleats now??

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I use that Finish Line stuff.

I was using Joe's wet chain lube but I found my chain would go rusty on rainy days, even when well lubed. That's not been a problem with the FL stuff.

As for the clippy pedals, I blast them out with GT85 once a fortnight or so, which seems to keep them happy.

TF2 oil just makes a black oily grindy mess, although it did seem good at keeping the rust at bay.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Can someone please tell me how to get the lid off this:
5955.jpg

I have absolutely no idea. Do I cut the little lump at the top? Pull the lid off?
I have tried to unscrew it but nothing happens.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I use Finish Line, I have the wet and the dry but tend to use the wet as its meant to stand up better to the rain. It seems to last quite a while, on my bike and 3 lesser used bikes. They aren't super cheap compared to generic oils, but I'm probably getting over a year per tiny bottle :smile:

Can someone please tell me how to get the lid off this:

I have absolutely no idea. Do I cut the little lump at the top? Pull the lid off?
I have tried to unscrew it but nothing happens.
Probably have to cut the nipple off the top, I expect you need to cut that little cap off the side too :smile:

OP
OP
C

chris1980

Think im gonna try finish line wet lube next, cant beleave how many brands of chain lube and types their is. Its more difficult than choosing car oil :smile:

Top Bottom