Recommend me a Belgian beer to look forward to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianchi1

Guru
Is that a regular 33cl bottle? 13%!

Yep 330ml

I've got one bottle left which is going in the fridge for later. I've got a month off the booze planned, and thought I would finish off with style. Pictures and report will follow.

OP
OP
RichK

RichK

Guru
It ended up as a long wait! I wasn't allowed to drive for 6 weeks, which took me to last Wednesday, so today I finally got to a Tesco and here's my beer :smile: It was worth the wait.
IMAG0572.jpg

Last edited:

Goggs

Guru
357-etiquette-leffe-radieuse.jpg

Radieuse!!!! Not that Blonde stuff

Yup, Radieuse for me too. I've tried all bar one of the Leffe's in my local supermarket and this is by far the best so far. Smokey!

U

User169

Where to start!

All the Trappists are solid enough and then there's Dupont and Duvel who are pretty well available. Kwak and Tripel Karemliet from Bosteels along with Delerium are worth checking out.

Most of the Abbey stuff, Grimbergen, Leffe, St Feuillen, Kasteel etc. is Ok, but nothing too special, with the exception of St Bernardus, especially their Abt 12.

Fro something a bit out of the ordinary there are three breweries which make really sensational stuff: Cantillon in Brussels, Fantome in the Ardennes and De Struise in West Flanders.

Anything from these three is worth a try, although can be a bit difficult to track down.

Cantillon in particular commands ridiculous prices on the secondary market. Check this out. 3500 dollars for two bottles of beer...

http://mybeercellar.com/?itm=54228

Doseone

Guru
Was going to say Tongerlo, and if you want a real treat go for the Prior.

However, you want something readily available in UK and you like dark beer so maybe a Westmalle Dubbel.

BrynCP

Über Member
All the Trappists are solid enough and then there's Dupont and Duvel who are pretty well available. Kwak and Tripel Karemliet from Bosteels along with Delerium are worth checking out.
delirium-tremens.png

Unfortunately you're not going to find it in Sainsbury's though.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Fro something a bit out of the ordinary there are three breweries which make really sensational stuff: Cantillon in Brussels, Fantome in the Ardennes and De Struise in West Flanders
^This. Especially the last one.

Top Bottom