Recommend me a bike rack for the car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
He has mentioned though he'd like it by the end of this week. Could be a tad tight finding someone to order in and fit a towbar by Friday.
A bigger problem is the "bargains" point! :laugh: It's hard to call maybe £600 of towbar fitting and bike rack a bargain, isn't it?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I got a 9104 at Decathlon for £75.00
Yes, the low-mounts are far cheaper options if you can fit a lighting board easily.

That'll be one of those smashing window-smashing ones that @Drago was warning about, from the looks of the picture and the instruction booklet. I'm moderately surprised they're allowed to advertise them as suitable for hatchbacks. High-mount ones which rest on the roof like Thule or Peruzzo are far better IMO.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If you only need to carry one bike, Halfords have this Saris Solo for just £40:
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-racks/rear-mounted-bike-racks/saris-solo-1-bike-cycle-carrier

(Or £36 if you're a British Cycling member) :okay:

midlife

Guru
Back in the 70's we had something like this.....

3070_1_Zoom.jpg

Shaun

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I'd go for towbar mounted and spend some decent money. Thule are your best bet.
A bigger problem is the "bargains" point! :laugh: It's hard to call maybe £600 of towbar fitting and bike rack a bargain, isn't it?
Indeed, I'll probably only use it this once as I rarely take the bike in the car - I ride the thing!
If you only need to carry one bike, Halfords have this Saris Solo for just £40:
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-racks/rear-mounted-bike-racks/saris-solo-1-bike-cycle-carrier
(Or £36 if you're a British Cycling member) :okay:
Thanks, I was looking at that one earlier. It'll only ever be carrying one bike as I'm the only person in the house that cycles.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
OK, so in the end I got a B'TWIN 320 cycle carrier.

The bottom straps aren't very good since they are too sharp for the rounded trim on my tailgate. I did manage to secure them in the internal handle recess of the tailgate but I will make some new ones at work. Otherwise very pleased with it.

Top Bottom