Recommend me a cycling bumbag :-D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I like to take pictures on my ride, lots of them ^_^
I use my phone: in summer I don't know where to keep it for easy access as I don't wear cycling jerseys.
In winter it lives in my cycling jacket back pocket.
So: recommend me a "cycling bumbag" or similar, there's no room on my handlebars for a phone holder, I'm fed up having to stop to rummage in my panniers, which of course is also inconvenient on a group ride.
Thank you!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Osprey Talon 6. Love mine.

BSOh

Über Member
I have just swapped from a diamond to step through frame, and I don't have much room for strapping on frame bags etc. I don't really want a rack, so I tried my small 15L backpack recently, but even though it was light enough, I just didn't feel comfortable with it across my shoulders. Had resigned myself to putting the rack on. I didn't even think of a bum bag! Thanks for the thread @Pat "5mph"

So I too am interested in recommendations. The Talon 6 looks fantastic, but it's a bit pricey for my budget :blush:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got a Lifeventure one. It's quite roomy. I haven't used it for a while. If you want it, it's yours for the asking, FOC.
IMG_0815.JPG

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Thanks @slowmotion: I already have similar, we use them at work, I was thinking about something a bit less bulky, really only need to have my phone in it.
@Pro Tour Punditry I used to have a top bar bag, found the velcro was not sticking anymore after a few showers.
Recommend me one of good quality :biggrin:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Another vote for the Topeak top bar bag here. Be wary of phone size though, my old Galaxy S4 mini fitted perfectly, it's S5 replacement does not. Also, the Velcro straps are better suited to 'bigger' top tubes. They fit my RT-58, but are far too long for the thinner tubes on the Yukon meaning it can't be used.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Thanks @slowmotion: I already have similar, we use them at work, I was thinking about something a bit less bulky, really only need to have my phone in it.
@Pro Tour Punditry I used to have a top bar bag, found the velcro was not sticking anymore after a few showers.
Recommend me one of good quality :biggrin:
I've just discovered that mine can fit three half litre cans of beer. You're right....it's a bit big for a phone.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Another vote for the Topeak top bar bag here. Be wary of phone size though, my old Galaxy S4 mini fitted perfectly, it's S5 replacement does not. Also, the Velcro straps are better suited to 'bigger' top tubes. They fit my RT-58, but are far too long for the thinner tubes on the Yukon meaning it can't be used.
Yes, I had that too with the velcro: sadly I have small top tubes - small but perfectly formed @Crackle ...
Indeed I also bought a top tube bag in the past, then my phone would not fit :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

If you want something smallish for just your phone and a few other objects like credit card, cash etc how about a money belt-type-thingy, a but like this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTS7...t=&hvlocphy=9045742&hvtargid=pla-356443611827
Well, I tried similar a couple of years ago.
It does the job, but the ones made for occasional use are not very robust, the straps/zips fail after a few rides, hence my thinking of getting one cycle specific - or even a running one of good quality would do, I guess.

Top Bottom