Recommend me a cycling bumbag :-D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Brilliant!
Their hip bag is what I was looking for: if nothing a bit smaller of the same quality pops up, that's what I will get.
Cheers for that, John!
Don’t you mean their hip flask? :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
What about walking quality, as used in the highlands in winter?

How narrow a belt?
Some prefer narrow waist belts others don't. How much, besides the phone are you looking at carrying in it.

PS, I've one or two inner tubes going spare.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
So far the top contender is the Osprey recommended by @Heltor Chasca, close second the hip bag recommended by @John_S.
I had the various top tube/bar bags but for various reason did not find them satisfactory.
Keep them coming, guys and gals, all suggestions are very much taken on board.
I shall now retire for the night :tired:

YES! :bravo:This is a PB for me. Can’t find it on Strava though.

robjh

Legendary Member
I've used cheap imitation leather jobs bought on market stalls or similar for years. They last for two or three years before they start to fray and need replacing.
As in this picture (and you get to see a pic of me on tour too^_^)
20180329 (15) Puerto Chirivilla on Olocau-Segorbe rd.jpg

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I used to have a top bar bag, found the velcro was not sticking anymore after a few showers.
Recommend me one of good quality :biggrin:

I recently bought an Alpkit Fuel Pod. Haven't used it much yet but it looks superb quality. It came with a single length of velcro fabric that I cut to the right length - more than enough to make it very secure on the frame. And because it's not integrated into the bag itself, I'll be able to replace it when it wears out.
https://www.alpkit.com/products/fuel-pod-medium

I also have one of the Topeak top tube bags and have found that excellent and will continue to use it - the Alpkit bag is just for those times when I need more capacity.

Obviously I get that you don't really want a top tube bag though, so ignore this. The Osprey is clearly more what you're actually after and although I don't know that particular bag, I do know that Osprey stuff is generally excellent - I have two of the larger Talon backpacks and they're great.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I recently bought an Alpkit Fuel Pod. Haven't used it much yet but it looks superb quality. It came with a single length of velcro fabric that I cut to the right length - more than enough to make it very secure on the frame. And because it's not integrated into the bag itself, I'll be able to replace it when it wears out.
https://www.alpkit.com/products/fuel-pod-medium

I also have one of the Topeak top tube bags and have found that excellent and will continue to use it - the Alpkit bag is just for those times when I need more capacity.

Obviously I get that you don't really want a top tube bag though, so ignore this. The Osprey is clearly more what you're actually after and although I don't know that particular bag, I do know that Osprey stuff is generally excellent - I have two of the larger Talon backpacks and they're great.

I have a similar Alpkit offering for my battery pack to charge the Wahoo over about 160km and store my headtorch. I soundly deny that extra snacks hide in there too.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Did not like mine because it collected rain at the bottom.
That also happens with most bum bags...

The Decathlon bag is amazing. I can fit phone, slimline purse, keys, snacks, cafe lock, lightweight waterproof jacket, tissues. Several people have purchased one after seeing mine.
Triple bags in that style are better (where one side is split into two parts) because then you can also put it over the stem/bars if there's space. The split side goes either side of the stem and the unsplit side hangs in front of the bars. I've got a Giant-branded one where the front pocket is insulated and great for keeping sandwiches cool but I can't see it on sale any more :sad: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTB-Bike...Tube-Triangle-Frame-Storage-Bags/273020724489 looks similar but the product photos only show it slung across the top tube, which is a bit odd.

Top Bottom