Recommend me a fan please...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So despite never enjoying using turbo trainers in the past, I've only gone and bitten the bullet and bought myself a Wattbike Atom :crazy:

So far so good, but it has only been a week so far.

I was ready to try Zwift, only to find it won't run on my Android tablet, which is bollox because the other apps work fine.

Anyhoo I tried Zwift using my phone, which works fine, but I'm not a fan of the computer graphic imagery TBH.

Next I tried Bkool but didn't like the way it handles resistance and gear changes, but to be fair this could be something in the settings, but I'm not patient man TBH :whistle:

So I've been using Fulhaz for the past few days and I'm overall fairly satisfied upto now, but with that said when the trial runs out I'm going to try Rouvy before I commit to Fulgaz.

So after all that waffle I return to my original question of looking for a fan.

As you can see in the picture I already had a pedestal fan, (Screwfix one), but it's not upto the job TBH.

I'm happy to pay for the likes of the Kickr Fan if anyone has first hand experience, but consider that it would be on the floor and quite close the front of my Atom, (if that matters?).

Any other recommendations welcome, (but not Dyson fans). I'd quite like a tower fan as they take up less space, but I don't know how effective they are.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As you can see in the picture I already had a pedestal fan, (Screwfix one), but it's not upto the job TBH.
I'm surprised that doesn't do the job!

I use an old 2-speed pedestal fan. I warm up with the fan off. After about 15minutes I put the fan on the slower speed. If I keep on going, eventually have to switch to full fan power (and whip my top off), but that copes with me churning out as much power as I can.

Mind you, thinking about it, I only use the turbo in the winter, when the room is probably at around 15 degrees. A summer room at 25 degrees might be a different matter!

BurningLegs

Veteran
My top tip would be to keep your current fan and place it behind you pointing at your back. Then get something bigger up front. The front/back combo really helps evaporation to keep cool.

I use a floor standing fan from Screwfix for about £30 which is great. I also have the same white one as you’ve got and I also replaced it (although it’s good as a secondary).

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hf-45b-18-industrial-floor-fan-220-240v/754HY?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member

CXRAndy

Guru
My top tip would be to keep your current fan and place it behind you pointing at your back. Then get something bigger up front. The front/back combo really helps evaporation to keep cool.

I use a floor standing fan from Screwfix for about £30 which is great. I also have the same white one as you’ve got and I also replaced it (although it’s good as a secondary).

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hf-45b-18-industrial-floor-fan-220-240v/754HY?

Thats not a fan

This is a fan

20210711_193221.jpg

:biggrin: :okay:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Thats not a fan
This is a fan
That's not a fan, it's a freakin' propeller :laugh: