Recommend me a pasword manager....or not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
1234qwerty

Happy to help

Brains

Legendary Member
I have over 250 log on's and passwords
(I run my companies subscriptions to all sorts of things like newspapers and industry forums)

I've tried KeePass, it's not bad, but LastPass is better.
https://www.lastpass.com/

One of the many advantages for me is as as it's web based and I use 5 PC's on a regular basis, plus an iPad and an iPhone I simply log into chrome and then into Last Pass and I can launch every site I have access to, including this one.

The iPhone app automatically updates all the passwords to the phone, so even if you have no connection to wifi or mobile phone signal you still have your passwords.

There is a free version, but it's worth paying the USD $20 per year for the full version
It means you only have one master password you have to remember

One good safety feature is should you suddenly meet your demise, after a period of time (which you select) an e-mail will be sent to a person you have nominated and they will be then given the master password.

The other good safety feature is (optional) dual authentication. Which means when you log onto your PC you have to hit 'OK' on your phone (thumbprint), makes hacking a whole lot harder

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

I have over 250 log on's and passwords
(I run my companies subscriptions to all sorts of things)
I've tried KeePass, it's not bad, but LastPass is better.
https://www.lastpass.com/

One of the many advantages for me is as as it's web based and I use 5 PC's on a regular basis, plus an iPad and an iPhone I simply log into chrome and then into Last Pass and I can launch every site I have access to, including this one.

The iPhone app automatically updates all the passwords to the phone, so even if you have no connection to wifi or mobile phone signal you still have your passwords.

There is a free version, but it's worth paying the USD $20 per year for the full version
It means you only have one master password you have to remember

One good safety feature is should you suddenly meet your demise, after a period of time (which you select) an e-mail will be sent to a person you have nominated and they will be then given the master password.

The other good safety feature is (optional) dual authentication. Which means when you log onto your PC you have to hit 'OK' on your phone (thumbprint), makes hacking a whole lot harder

It looks like you need to use chrome, at least on android.

Brains

Legendary Member
It looks like you need to use chrome, at least on android.

mmmmm maybe .........

It is however Chrome, Firefox, IE Explorer, Opera and Safari compatible on your PC &/or Mac

I'm not sure of the Android compatibility match, other than it is.
However this should not matter as you mainly use it and maintain it on your PC and use the app on the phone as a backup for those few passwords you may need when out and about (such as pin numbers)

Brains

Legendary Member
Try it,
From memory I think you get the full spec free for 30 days
They they try to persuade you to pay
Frankly, for me, it's worth it
But they I have more passwords than most people

One of the good features is once you have it in your browser and you open it when you log in, any site you open that is password controlled thereafter, it will ask you 'do you want to remember this one?'

It means you don't have to spend an evening going through your little black book uploading data, you simple go to every website that you use (Cyclechat, ebay, amazon, etc) and just hit 'save'

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Try it,
From memory I think you get the full spec free for 30 days
They they try to persuade you to pay
Frankly, for me, it's worth it
But they I have more passwords than most people

One of the good features is once you have it in your browser and you open it when you log in, any site you open that is password controlled thereafter, it will ask you 'do you want to remember this one?'

It means you don't have to spend an evening going through your little black book uploading data, you simple go to every website that you use (Cyclechat, ebay, amazon, etc) and just hit 'save'

Thanks, I'm looking into it now, quick question, how do you use it on a computer that is not yours (friends, library pc etc)
to access your accounts?

Top Bottom