Recommend me a pasword manager....or not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
No need since he installed the cyclechat key logger

Yep, and if I ever forget a password I can just ask one of you lot for it. What could possibly go wrong?

Brains

Legendary Member
Thanks, I'm looking into it now, quick question, how do you use it on a computer that is not yours (friends, library pc etc)
to access your accounts?

No problem

On a public computer you just log into Last Pass - put in your master password and you have access.
For optional added security you can set up duo access, which means you log in as above, but before it opens you need to have your mobile phone with you to verify you are you.

On a personal PC you could in theory save the password, but hopefully you have another password to get into the PC

In you use Chrome, you set up a gmail e-mail account (dont worry, you never need to use it), and then if you log into chrome with your gmail account it will remember all your favourites (including LastPass), and even you passwords, if you wanted.

classic33

Leg End Member
But if that public computer is compromised, doesn't that mean your master password could be grabbed by a key logger? :whistle:
Be careful at your local library.

Brains

Legendary Member
Be careful at your local library.
See the note above re the optional Duo authentication.
I'd strongly recommend you switch it on

It means not only do they have to have your master password,
they also need your phone
and the pin number or thumb print to open it

It's worth noting that Lastpass offers multiple forms of two factor authentication, not just the use of a phone. For example, you can use various physical keys (usb / smartcard), such as a Yubikey and you can have more than one Yubikey, meaning that a) you don't have to have a phone, b) you can lose a key and not have any notable problem. There are lots of methods listed on their help pages, including one time passwords.

Top Bottom