Recommend me a pump for a lightweight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi all,
I'm looking for pump options for my better half. She's rather petite & at 45kg she can not physically pump tyres much beyond 70psi with my track pump :blush: Any other lightweight riders have a track pump or similar that is suitable for a smaller person getting tyres upto a decent pressure?
TIA

vickster

Legendary Member
Google suggests a pump with a narrow barrel and that the high capacity Lezynes are easy to use :okay:
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Lezyne/Alloy-Floor-Drive-Track-Pump/G14Q

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cheers Vickster, I'll struggle to convince her from a google recommendation :okay: was hoping for a recommendation from a similar sized person :laugh: Sadly the bike shops round here don't have a great selection for her to try out :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers Vickster, I'll struggle to convince her from a google recommendation :okay: was hoping for a recommendation from a similar sized person :laugh: Sadly the bike shops round here don't have a great selection for her to try out :sad:
It was from a road CC review. I’ll ask on the Velovixen FB group (a great resource for women’s cycling if your wife is interested)

Unless @Reynard who is petite has a suggestion?

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
How about an electric pump like this:
She did try an electric pump from Halfords & it was pretty poor tbh. The bosch may be better quality & worth a look though :okay:

Can't you pump your own tyres up? At 45kg hers won't need more than 70psi!

Up to press she has been running around 70psi, but recently bought a new bike & recommended tyre pressures are 100-130psi. The shop suggested 100psi for her size & she's happy with them at that 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. She's on that group so she can always ask herself :okay:
Done anyhow!

Sharky

Guru
100-130psi does seem high. I'm 82kg and even on my tt bike, with 20mm or 23mm tyres, rarely go above 100psi and the tyres feel rock hard as well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't put in more than 100 PSI with 25c, so 70 will be fine. What about a Topeak Road Morph G (Gauge). I have one and it's great, but can't say if your wife will struggle with it - it's a mini track pump.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I've a joeblow which I find the easiest to inflate out of the track pumps I've owned.
My daughter can use it to inflate her swimming pool, footballs etc which I appreciate are different.

Maybe try a way to get more downward force for her or fettle a wider pump handle if a better pump cant be sourced

Top Bottom