Recommend me a pump.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NeilM

I am taking my first tentative steps into the world of touring, and I'm looking for some recommendations for a pump that will handle both 26" and 700c tyres and that can be fitted permanently to the bike.

Your suggestions please.

Trickedem

Guru
I am taking my first tentative steps into the world of touring, and I'm looking for some recommendations for a pump that will handle both 26" and 700c tyres and that can be fitted permanently to the bike.

Your suggestions please.
I have one of these on my tourer. Very good quality
http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s42p177/ZEFAL-HPX

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I have a Specialized Air Tool mini pump which will inflate to 110 psi, it's a great pump but takes a lot of time and effort to get to anywhere near riding pressure, I still carry my mini pump but am a recent convert to CO2, they will inflate a road tyre within a second or two. The small CO2 cartridges cost less than a quid, they do get extremely cold when inflating so I use a removable neoprene sleeve which slides over the cartridge.

IMG_3845.JPG

This has been an absolute trooper, for me personally. It's a Leyzyne mini track pump.

It's the nicest pump I've ever used. Works on everything from Schrader to Presta, and even Woods valves, and fits nicely on the bike.

It's good for getting well over 100 psi into the tyre, if needs be, and it's very easy to do so.

Well worth 30 quid.

jay clock

Massive member
The Topeak road morph.
+1 - turns into a mini track pump. Biggest benefit vs that Spa one above is that you are pushing against the ground rather than a moving wheel/thin air...

good call - might not fasten to the bike as easy as some but it is thin and light - easy to pop in a pannier. These days I wouldn't consider a pump that didn't convert into a mini footpump. You can also get rebuild bits.

Top Bottom