Recommend me a toolkit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickTB

Veteran
Hello all,

I'm about to start extending my rides to 25-50-75 miles, and need a basic kit to fit on the bike for punctures etc. Can anyone recommend an all in one kit including case?

Thanks in advance
Nick

numbnuts

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
I carry a multi tool, tyre levers and an old magnum lolly stick to check the tube isn't trapped! Plus one or two new tubes. When on the Whyte I need the special wheel removal tool. Oh plus a pump and a couple of gloves

Not needed anything else, frankly I'm not going to be fixing broken chains,derailleurs etc!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm not sure there's one kit you can get with quite everything in that you'd want in it, unless you just mean puncture repair kits. You'll definitely need either a way to fix a puncture, or some spare tubes, or both. Oh and of course something to pump it up afterwards(!) Anything after that is personal choice and most people put together their own little bag of tricks led mostly by bitter experiences in wet and windy conditions when something went bang, clank or pop.

For tube repair I like the tip top kits, but I ditch the box and a couple of the contents just keeping patches, glue and chalk. On the whole I carry:

Park multi tool
Tyre levers (not sure what make, had them a while)
2 spare tubes
Park glueless patches (take up almost zero room)
TipTop patches and cement
Ten pound note in a plastic bag
CO2 inflator
3 x CO2 cannisters
Mini pump

Everything but the pump goes in a little waterproof Bontrager saddle bag. The pump goes in the jersey.

Actually it's just struck me what a belt and braces sort of person I am with the tyres. Belt, braces, suspenders, and a spare belt and spare braces in fact.

Top Bottom