Recommend me a tourer and why please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
On the plus side for carbon - it doesn't fatigue, unlike steel and aluminium.
Really? I thought it was just that carbon fibre fatigue is difficult to predict and like aluminium, it has no endurance limit, so reputable makers design parts to be far stronger than should be needed - and part of the reason why carbon fibre fake parts are so scary, like in the videos of people just twisting and peeling fake carbon handlebars like some sort of bizarre banana skin.

Metal8

That's Dad that is!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'd go along with the Ridgeback recommendations too, especially if you want a 60cm Panorama tourer as mine is up for sale :laugh: The Ridgeback do seem well specced for the money & I've not had a minutes bother with mine. Just don't ride it anymore. I bought a Kinesis Racelight earlier this year as a 'winter' bike just over £600 new & last month I fit a rack & did a 4 day tour, East to West coast & back. Could have done with a couple of lower gears on some of the steeper hills, but that can be sorted with a different cassette, might be worth a look :okay:

Thanks again all. The thing I like most about this forum is there are so many knowledgeable, helpful and friendly members on here that are willing to take the time to advise. It's good to know I'm not alone in my endeavours and I can ask on here for help if I get stuck with something. Keep it coming and I'll keep you appraised of how I'm progressing and keep asking questions on this thread if that's OK.
I'm off for a while to do some research and thinking.
I'm really appreciating your help and advice.
Respect to you all, I'm feeling much better already, especially with the wife having a go at me over it. She wouldn't care less if I had to walk to work, so long as the bills are paid ect.
Yes your right and " If Heineken mad cycling clubs it would definitely be like CC. "

Salar

A fish out of water
Some have already suggested it, an old quality steel framed MTB will do the job if you pick up the right one.

Here's my next project for similar use to what you are looking for (sellers pic) a 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp.
I'll keep it as original as possible apart from slicks and mudguards.

And yes, that's a Biopace crankset.:rolleyes:

rockhopper.jpg

Top Bottom