Recommend me an Air Con unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Ours is still up with the pump running - they tend to 'pop' if deflated, especially if done when ambient temperatures are low (creases in the plastic). Ours is sitting at 20c - MrsF has suggested sitting in it to cool down. :laugh:

mines been in the shed since october

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Not so sure - it's a B&Q model from about 20 years ago. 8,000 BTU and uses 950w of power - so about 25p per hour. It's been 100% reliable other than one time it kept overheating, opened up the casing to find the heat exchanger full of dust. Hoovered it out, all OK.

Our house if fairly modern, and, as two bedrooms have south facing windows the heat just builds up. It's essential. Be aware they are not quiet - it's a hum, plus the fan combined. We have ours positioned outside the bathroom, with the hose (and extension) pointed out the bathroom window. The unit then blows along the landing to the bedrooms on the south side. There is enough angle to blow air into my sons room next to the bathroom. We put towels over the banister to keep the blown air on the landing. We've also got a fan that blows some of the cool air into our bedroom, as most ends up in daughter's room - daughter's room faces directly towards the A/C, but ours is at 90 degrees to it.

You can sleep well without getting sweaty. You'll soon get used to the noise, certainly beats sweating to death. Our downstairs is relatively cool.

Let's say, if it broke today, I'd be going straight out and getting another.

Brilliant - thanks @fossyant :thumbsup:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I went with one of these in the end
1658400562998.png

I'm now thinking about the vent problem as my windows are of the "wrong" sort. First up - some thick cardboard :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I used to vent an old tumble dryer into an empty bucket with a towel over it, worked fine! Don’t know if same principle could be applied here?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I went with one of these in the end
View attachment 653718

I'm now thinking about the vent problem as my windows are of the "wrong" sort. First up - some thick cardboard :smile:

Appears to be working, it’s cooled down here.

Top Bottom