recovery drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I commute most days to work and back approx 30miles each day, however I don`t drink any fancy drinks as such and was wondering if it would make a differance? At the moment I must admit I feel tired alot so anything that would aid recovery would help.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Milkshake/Chocolate milk. Don't waste your money on anything else.

col

Legendary Member
Great drink above,but it was brought to my attention,that we dont drink enough water anyway,in our normal day to day lives,.Now i think we are suposed to drink 2 litres a day,to keep us healthy,and with extra activity like cycling,i think it would be a lot more,so get drinking;)

walker

Try taking on more carbs and protein during your day. I would assume your diet hasn't changed with your extra riding? Rego Recovery powder is quite good.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
mr Mag00 said:
would u make ur own choc milk? as i dont buy much processed foods, any recipes?? i kno milk and choc, b4 u answer lol :smile:
It's pretty hard to avoid processing when trying to combine chocolate and milk...they're not great bedfellows. Bite the bullet and by the ready made stuff, or, use Nesquick milkshake (but that's still powdered and hence processed).
Milk on it's own is fine. The choc/milkshake bit just adds a bit more sugar and flavour variety.

mr Mag00

rising member
without bringing too much politics to the table i avoid nescafe, but Clipper a British Co which do tea and coffee have also milkshake powders, I have just found these, available which are organic too!

jamesstout

mr Mag00 said:
without bringing too much politics to the table i avoid nescafe, but Clipper a British Co which do tea and coffee have also milkshake powders, I have just found these, available which are organic too!
i don't do nestle either to make your own milkshake take some cocoa, milk, sugar and maybe cinnamon adjust amounts to taste

I tried a bottle of 'for goodness shakes' the other day and was quite impressed with the results. I was feeling knackered when I got into work but felt pretty strong on my ride back home that evening.

'Maximuscle Recovermax' is pretty good as well.

Apparently, the best time to drink it is within 20 minutes after exercise.

I've also tried Nesquik milkshake but it doesn't have the same effect, for me anyway.

It's not something I drink all the time, only when I'm feeling a bit tired.

Top Bottom