1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recovery drinks

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by MrGrumpy, 7 Feb 2008.

1. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

I commute most days to work and back approx 30miles each day, however I don`t drink any fancy drinks as such and was wondering if it would make a differance? At the moment I must admit I feel tired alot so anything that would aid recovery would help.

2. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Milkshake/Chocolate milk. Don't waste your money on anything else.

3. col

col Veteran

Great drink above,but it was brought to my attention,that we dont drink enough water anyway,in our normal day to day lives,.Now i think we are suposed to drink 2 litres a day,to keep us healthy,and with extra activity like cycling,i think it would be a lot more,so get drinking;)

4. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Yup. Try and get the semi-skimmed version too - less fat to digest will give you faster benefits.

5. walker

walker New Member

Try taking on more carbs and protein during your day. I would assume your diet hasn't changed with your extra riding? Rego Recovery powder is quite good.

6. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

would u make ur own choc milk? as i dont buy much processed foods, any recipes?? i kno milk and choc, b4 u answer lol :biggrin:

7. will

will Senior Member

Guinness works for me

But at a minimum lots of water

8. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

It's pretty hard to avoid processing when trying to combine chocolate and milk...they're not great bedfellows. Bite the bullet and by the ready made stuff, or, use Nesquick milkshake (but that's still powdered and hence processed).
    Milk on it's own is fine. The choc/milkshake bit just adds a bit more sugar and flavour variety.

9. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

without bringing too much politics to the table i avoid nescafe, but Clipper a British Co which do tea and coffee have also milkshake powders, I have just found these, available which are organic too!

10. jamesstout

jamesstout New Member

i don't do nestle either to make your own milkshake take some cocoa, milk, sugar and maybe cinnamon adjust amounts to taste

11. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

Wot, you mean he gets to the front of the queue quicker at the DSS offices?

12. Frijj milkshake drinks. Strawberry and banana flavours are nice. Chocolate flavour is a bit sickly sweet;)

13. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Cyclists don't sign on mate. We're more likely to have higher education and higher incomes. Didn't you know?

14. 008

008 New Member

I tried a bottle of 'for goodness shakes' the other day and was quite impressed with the results. I was feeling knackered when I got into work but felt pretty strong on my ride back home that evening.

'Maximuscle Recovermax' is pretty good as well.

Apparently, the best time to drink it is within 20 minutes after exercise.

I've also tried Nesquik milkshake but it doesn't have the same effect, for me anyway.

It's not something I drink all the time, only when I'm feeling a bit tired.