Recovery time after a tiring ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reacher

Normally will do 3 or 4 days hard then a day off then ride then day off then repeat 3 maybe 4 days again in succession usually Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday will be the block of four big rides depends on work some rides will be longer than others but their all as hard as I can go on that particular day plus gym every day to compliment the fitness no hard and fast rules just depends mostly on work through the winter one day off will be enough to recover two days will be loads enough time if I can't get out I will do a turbo session

A few days after a bigger than normal ride/run/walk, I also have to tailor my training a little bit for what I'm going to do. It can take up to a week for an event to leave my legs but that's if I've really pushed beyond my normal limits. Recovery definitely takes a bit longer now than it did 20 years ago, likewise preparation need to be a bit more thorough, although I still aim to undershoot and suffer, that hasn't changed!

bigjim

Legendary Member
100 mile ride a full two days recovery. 60/70 mile ride one full day recovery. The evening after a long ride I am fit for nothing and sleep badly. I've read that exhaustion is bad for you and long distance/unremitting exercise is aging and not conducive to good health. I,m cutting my distance riding down, but I miss club rides though I feel much healthier and fitter with the shorter distances.

Top Bottom