recovery time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianwoodi

What recovery time should you allow between rides only been out today and just could not get going felt knackered have done around 80 miles in the last two days eaten well before rides how long is a good rest period

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Depends on the intensity and duration and your response to the load!

400bhp

Guru
Also depends upon what you want the recovery to do.

Some people will value time in the saddle above feeling 100% recovered.

OP
OP
ianwoodi

ianwoodi

Ok say you do a 100 mile ride at high intensity how long would you recover just want a bench mark to improve its no good in doing mile after mile and not improving on fitness and speed

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Also depends upon what you want the recovery to do.

Some people will value time in the saddle above feeling 100% recovered.

Agree, being fresh is over rated!

Ok say you do a 100 mile ride at high intensity how long would you recover just want a bench mark to improve its no good in doing mile after mile and not improving on fitness and speed
Define high intensity! If you just mean riding 100 mile on a club ride (17-18mph), with a cafe stop, I wouldn't rest at all. Personally I train 6 out of 7 days per week and race up to 2 times per week, that means I rest 1 day per week. However, I do plan my training week in such a way that the hardest sessions occur at the points I am least fatigued, but I am virtually never completely fresh.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I have Sundays off, but I tend to ride whether I'm feeling tired or not. Occasionally, if I'm feeling completely worn out, I'll have a few days off the bike to recharge the batteries, but I just go off my gut feeling rather than any structured plan.

To be honest, my general day-to-day life tends to tire me out more than cycling does!

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
You'll probably get as many answers as replies, but I take a day off after a big ride. At least I take it very easy on my commute. Last month on the day after a century and a bit I was actually glad to get a puncture so that I could walk for a bit my legs were so sore.

if I am ironman training and doing long rides 80plus milesI always run of the bike for 30mins, then the next day I do my long run the 3rd day I rest, the key for to recovery is to eat within 30mins of finishing the exercise and drink lots of milk.

Top Bottom